Give Yourself Something Special
You may not be able to tell based on the recent increase in the size of my ass, but I am a calorie counter. In fact, some test even claimed that I might be slightly obsessed with my weight. I weigh my chicken before I put it in my salad, I measure out my fro yo and I always use sugar alternatives in my coffee.
Sometimes, though, I lose track of my goals and fall off the Diet Train. After weeks of avoiding anything battered, fried, or totally tasty, I may be found at the nearest BK picking up some fries. And a milkshake. And an apple pie, or two. Half an hour later, I will find myself feeling totally guilty and yelling at myself in the mirror before heading off to the gym to attempt to work off a fraction of the calories I just inhaled.
What? Is that not normal? Am I the only one who does that?
Yet even I, a self proclaimed crazy/calorie Nazi, do let myself enjoy a few delectable treats now and then. 100% totally guilt free. There are just some things in life that are too good to pass up, like sales at Marc Jacobs and wildly passionate sex….
Or these 5 Treats Totally Worth Eating No Matter How Much Weight You Need to Lose to Look Good In That New Bathing Suit:
1. Fried Oreos: If you have never had one of these you need to get up, buy a ticket to the Indiana State fair and get one. Yes, they are even worth traveling to the Midwest and fraternizing with Carnies. I can’t explain the goodness except to say that I ate 3 and did not feel guilty. For a second. I mean, come on, could there be anything better than frying an amazing cookie? I didn’t think so.
2. Olive Garden Breadsticks: The toasty bread and the smooth butter all tied together with a perfect blend of seasonings. MMM. I get hot just thinking about it. You don’t even need the soup or salad (though they are a nice helping of veggies to ease your carb-guilt). These sticks are worth every freaking calorie.
3. Costco Sheet Cake: Better than any cake ever. And so cheap! Plus big enough to let you really indulge (I think it feeds like 40 people). The butter cream frosting is perfection and the layer of chocolate mousse through the middle; to. die. for.
4. Coldstone’s PB Cup Perfection: I have a biiig soft spot for anything peanut butter, so this little ditty totally gets me going. And do I think about the size of my thighs as I am chowing down on this mix of chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cut and fudge? Hell no.
5. Yogurt Flips: Sure chocolate covered pretzels are good, but nothing compares to the beauty that is a pretzel smothered in sweet TCBY yogurt. These puppies are so good you will forget why you were watching your calories in the first place.
What is life without a few sinful moments? After all, everyone deserves a little indulgence once in awhile and, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself, carrots and ranch do not cut it. If you are looking for something worth every single gram of fat, these 5 things are definitely the place to start. And end. Whenever you need em.