Terrific Turkey Burgers
Some people like burgers. Some people eat a lot of burgers–after going out, the next day for lunch, for dinner on a date. Yes, some people like burgers. I’m not one of them.
I don’t eat beef. I do, however, eat turkey. Not only is it very tasty when prepared correctly, it’s also much, much leaner. And, I might add, it’s cheaper too.
So here, for your dining pleasure, is a recipe for tasty turkey burgers. Don’t be fooled: These are not the dry-ass turkey burgers of the 80s. No, this is a good recipe for good turkey burgers. So…enjoy!
Turkey Burgers That Don’t Suck
makes 4 burgers
1 lb of ground turkey
1 1/2 tbsp of finely chopped onion
3 small beaten egg whites
1/3 clove of minced garlic
1/8 tsp of fresh black pepper
1 tbsp of bread crumbs
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of chopped parsley
How To Make the Burgers
(1) Mix the turkey, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg whites, and parsley in a bowl.
(2) Make 4 patties out of the mixture. (Mmmm…patties…)
(3) In a skillet, cook the patties on medium heat.
(5) Turn the suckers once. Make sure they end up at an internal temp of 180 degrees (F, obviously).
(6) Slap ‘em on buns, add fixins, and share with three friends!
[Image courtesy of http://www.whatwereeating.com