Eat Your Breakfast! Banana Muffins
Okay, now that you’re going back to school, it’s time to focus on the most important thing for having a good school day: breakfast.
No, seriously. Breakfast is delicious. I know a lot of college students skip breakfast to save time in the morning (I myself was often guilty of this), but why skip the most awesome meal of the day?
With this easy recipe, you can make 10 banana muffins at once–that’ll get you through 10 days, no muss, no fuss. Plus, you can eat ‘em on the go! And, hey, at least they have bananas.
And if you don’t eat breakfast, you’ll be starving later (low blood sugar, sugar) and quite possibly wolf down everything in sight. Not cute.
So munch away, my collegey friends. Remember, you can’t spell “breakfast” without “eat” (I mean…if you take out some letters in between…whatever, it’s muffins!!).
3 mashed bananas
3/4 cup of melted butter
1 beat egg
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tpsn of flour [again]
1/3 cups of brown sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of butter
1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
Here’s How You Do It:
(1) While you preheat the oven, line a muffin pan (with 10 cups) with muffin papers.
(2) Mix the larger portion of flour and the salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
(3) In a different bowl, blend the bananas, egg, butter, and sugar.
(4) Stir the second blend into the first. Don’t mix it too much–as soon as it’s moistened, plop it into the muffin cups.
(5) In yet another bowl, stir up the brown sugar, Cinnamon, and the remaining 2 tbsp of flour. Then mix in 1 tbsp of butter. This is the muffin topping, so crumble it on top.
(6) Bake the puppies for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick (into the center of any given muffin) is pulled out clean.
(7) Eat breakfast!
[photo from utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]