The Pissed List: Comcast Sucks, and So Do Trainers
[I like to think of myself as a pretty easy going gal, and try not to sweat the small stuff. But sometimes (ok, maybe slightly more often) the general cluelessness, carelessness and overall stupididty of some things and or/people really gets to me. I find that venting is the most efficient way to rid myself of the stress that idiots, wrong meal orders, lack of cell phone ettiquette and cheese flavored products (that don’t even contain any freaking cheese!) induce.
So, in an attempt to avoid an ulcer or an unfortuante road rage incident, I vent to you, dear reader. Please feel free to join in and comment about anything–really, anything–that pissed. you. off. this week. Let it all hang out. I feel you.]
1. Health and Fitness Contradictions: Some say to eat more fiber. Others tell me to focus more on protein, and still others say to get rid of everything and stick to a diet of grapefruit and tabasco sauce. Which is it, people? Stop with the contradictory research and just tell me what is going to get me back the body I had before I discovered my obsession with bacon on my pizza. Because right now, I’m eating a lot of fiber, protein and grapefruit and it doesn’t seem to be helping.
2. A Lack of Positive Reinforcement: I don’t need people to sing to me every time I make a pee pee on the potty, but a little reinforcement for a job well done would be nice once in awhile. “You got an A on your exam? Great work!” Or, “Wow, you really know your way around a beer bong!” But no. I get nothing. Except, of course, if something goes wrong; then I don’t hear enough about it. “Jesus Christ! Who puked on the bathroom wall again!?”
3. My DVR: I know, I know. No one should ever have something bad to say about DVR. But I do, because even though I set it to only record new episodes, that thing records every single freaking episode (and rerun) of my shows. 3 episodes of Oprah a day, 10 episodes of Bromance (yes, I DVR Bromance), and like 1,257 episdoes of What Not to Wear a Week. What are the settings for, Mr. DVR? If I wanted 423 episodes of The City I would have said something!
4. Waiting for Obama to fail: Where is all the excitement around our new president? It seems that the moment he hung up his Inaugural tux, everyone turned on him. No one is waiting to see what great things he can do; they are all just counting down the days until he disappoints us. Which he will, if we have no faith.
5. Comcast Cable: (Yes, I realize that TV has made its way into this post twice, but I kinda have no life.) My cable AND internet went out 4 minutes before Obama was Inaugurated. Then they went out again before The Office came on Thursday night. And what does Comcast do? Refund me the $9 for the lack of service. $9 for the biggest political event in history? $9 for a missed moment that I have been waiting 8 freaking years for?! $9 to miss Michael Scott and Dwight Shrute lick their lips at eachother in the car (I caught it on Hulu, thank god)?! I hate you, Comcast. HATE YOU.