5 Grey’s Plotlines That Didn’t Make It
We have all complained, at one time or another, on the quick spiralling freefall that is this season’s Grey’s Anatomy. Between the ghost sex and the impromptu training operations that would have no doubt been a felony in any other show, it all gives this writer pause. If these are the story lines that we saw, what are the plotlines that got turned down?
1. Having a ghost friend is a great idea. It worked for Ghost Whisperer, and Jennifer Love Hewitt is nowhere near as hot as Katherine Heigl. It only makes more sense that a hot ghost with a hot star = ratings galore. I think they missed out on an even bigger opportunity: Izzy is a ghost orgy with Denny and all the patients that ever died at Seattle Grace.
2. McDreamy is just perfect in every way: he’s sexy, he’s funny, and he’s the most talented surgeon ever to grace this planet. Too good to be true, right? Exactly. We never knew anything about Derek’s life before he came to Seattle Grace…until now. Turns out Derek used to be Dayna, a talented female surgeon in New York who was getting nowhere in her career thanks to the Glass Ceiling. Dayna was sick of being picked over in favor of male surgeons, so she decided to take matters into her own hands by performing gender reassignment surgery…on herself. Yes, she’s just that good. You didn’t think a man could have hair that good, did you?
3. TV dramas love guest stars and Heidi Montag is a media whore – a match made in heaven. Speidi heads to Seattle for another posed photo shoot when Spencer decides that Heidi’s 92 pound frame is just too large. He can’t handle the ounce of fat on her thighs, so he convinces her to get lipo. While in recovery, the hospital is bombed and Heidi is responsible to perform life-saving surgury on all of the doctors at Seattle Grace. In a bikini. Which she then turns into a music video.
4. You’ve heard of Iron Chef – now check out Iron Doctors. The staff at Seattle Grace invite the doctors of County General (ER) for a test to see just which hospital is better. Tonight’s
ingredient predicament: a bus full of geriatric S&M enthusiasts crashes into an airplane that had to make an emergency landing on the highway on their way to a convention. We’ll have to wait and see who can remove all the spikes, chains, gags and melted leather chaps and save the most people in 60 minutes.
5. Dr. Yang heads outside to wait for the next big case when an icicle falls off of the roof and stabs her in the side. Oh wait….