[Ever see something you want but don’t have the money to buy? Ever get sick of studying/watching TV and have the urge to get crafty and make things on your own? We know! Us too! We just don’t know where to start, which is why we got some of CollegeCandy’s craftiest writers to share their favorite DIY projects with everyone. So get to your nearest craft store for the essentials and let’s make some fun sh*t.]
If you’re like me (and most other girls there), you have a TON of makeup. And you don’t use most of it. So here I am – to the rescue! – with a money-saving way to reuse your old lipsticks, eyeshadow and blush! By making a brand-new lip balm!
– A bowl
– Old lipstick, eyeshadow or blush (in colors you would put on your lips – no black eyeshadow here!)
– Vaseline or other petroleum jelly
– Mini Tupperware container (microwave safe)
– A new container for your balm!
1. Boil water in a kettle and pour into bowl
2. Meanwhile, put Vaseline in microwavable container (the amount is up to you – put as much Vaseline as lip balm as you want to make!).
3. Place container of Vaseline in bowl of VERY hot water and stir Vaseline until it is a more liquid-y consistency.
4. Add your color! This means old lipstick, eyeshadow or blush. Just dump or sprinkle it in! Experiment with different colors and amounts until you like it.
5. Take container out of hot water and put mixture into the lip balm container
6. Pop container into your freezer and let sit for a couple hours or until solid.
Voila! Brand new, homemade lip balm. Your lips will truly be one-of-a-kind.