How To Look Good In Short Shorts and Mini Skirts
Post courtesy of out friends at StyleBakery.com. For more awesome fashion, style and beauty news, check them out!]
If the multitude of miniskirts, minidresses and short shorts this spring have you shaking in your (chic) boots, feeling just the tiniest bit insecure about your body, you’re not alone. With spring just around the corner but winter weather still very much here, the last thing our pale, out of shape legs are ready to do is face the world peeking out of short hemlines.
1. Hit the bottle: Sunless tanners are your exposed legs’ best friend. Even a hint of a faux tan is enough to make thighs look slimmer. Moisturize well for smooth, sleek gams.
2. Pump it up: The quickest way to longer, more sexy legs? A great pair of heels or wedges. Choose a nude color and avoid ankle straps (like the model shown here) and you’ll add inches in an instant.
3. Not all minis are created equal: Be mindful of the length of your hemline; select miniskirts and shorts that hit right below the widest part of your thigh for the most flattering silhouette. Also, be sure to do the sit-down and bend-over test to avoid overexposure.
4. Loosen up: Choose loose, cuffed shorts and A-line or full skirts to make thighs look skinny by comparison.
5. Use diversion tactics: Choose billowy tops and oversized accessories, like a statement necklace or large handbag, to make the rest of you look small in comparison.
Follow these tips and you’re on your way to surviving this season’s mini trend! (c’mon, sing it with us: who wears short shorts?)