I love baking, but I’m not the hugest fan of following directions. As a result, I often end up mis-measuring things or adding my own little touches to otherwise boring recipes. Hey, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Anywho, there is nothing that works better with my “add this, throw in that” cooking style than pancakes. Plain pancakes are good, but chocolate chip granola pancakes are fantastic. And pancakes that look like cupcakes? Could there be anything more amazing? I found this recipe on katin cooks and I can’t get enough. It’s simple and delicious, the perfect canvas for fun add-ins and has fool proof instructions that even I can follow. Plus, these little babies make great hangover food!
2 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
12 tbsp filling: try Nutella, fruit jam, or cream cheese
Confectioners sugar for sprinkling
Maple syrup for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Generously coat the bottom & sides of a 12-muffin tin with butter.
3. Make Bisquick pancakes per instructions on the box.
4. Fill each cup in the muffin tin half-way.
5. Add 1 tbsp of filling to the middle of each muffin, then cover with the remaining pancake mix.
6. Bake 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, place on serving dish & use a flour sifter to sprinkle with sugar.
8. Serve with warm syrup.
Are you drooling yet? Want to see more? Check this out!