Makeup 101: Made in the U.S.A
When I’m buying beauty products the first thing I think about is how hot they will make me. Then I consider if they’ll make me break out and, finally, look at the cost.
What I don’t think about is where the product originated from. And, it seems, most of them are imported goods.
With Independence Day approaching and American Pride on the rise, I decided it was time to start buying more home-made goods. I don’t really need a car anytime soon, so I thought my makeup bag would be a good place to start. And what I found were tons of great companies – some you may recognize and some that could really use our support – right here in the U.S.of A. So in honor of the fourth, stay true to the red white and blue and test out some products made in this land of the free (from imported makeup).
Lady Liberty would be proud.
- Adesign: Professional cosmetic brushes made from the finest materials. And they’re even having a sale! Nothing says “America” like a good sale!
- Amazing Shine: Anything and everything you need for the perfect at-home mani or pedi.
- Bare Escentuals: You know this stuff (who doesn’t), but did you know it’s an American company? Keep buying it and you may singlehandedly (single face-edly?) save the economy!
- Essie: Everyone’s favorite polish is made right here in America. Phew, I didn’t want to have to give up my Wicked. I’ve been using it for years.
- Fruit of the Earth Inc.: If you’re looking to go natural, you don’t have to cross the border. This company makes awesome natural skincare and suncare products.
- ISO: Need a new straightener? Yes, the CHI is quite popular, but that is because people don’t know about ISO. These are professional grade straighteners straight out of the U.S. No need to import.
- Jordana Cosmetics Corp.: High quality makeup at a low price. From California.
- Murad: Skincare and acne solutions.
- ORLY International Inc.: More nail polish! And their neon line is awesome – you can’t get that from China!
- Tweezerman Inc.: The best tweezers ever obviously come from America. It’s amazing that there are still unibrows in this country.
-Burt’s Bees: An all-natural company of balms, creams and salves. It’s some of the best stuff out there, so it should be easy to buy American with this one.