Like most people out there, I love and thoroughly enjoy a good orgasm. Honestly, who doesn’t?
Apparently, a lot of people. Cuz they’re not having ‘em.
I’ve had countless friends tell me that despite all the sex they’re having, they’ve yet to show their O face. And statistics show that around 43% of women have not experienced the pleasure of the big O.
How can this be?! There is an orgasm epidemic out there and I feel like I must do my part to put an end to this madness! I know I’m no doctor with a fancy PH.D, but I am a twenty-something woman who has (thankfully) gotten off enough to say a thing or two about the female orgasm. So here are a few steps that will lead you to pleasuretown (population: you!).
1. Get Comfortable: The first step may be the simplest. You just have to learn how to be 100% comfortable with yourself and your sexuality. Orgasms only come after you’re at a point where you can relax and let the sensations (or hot man) take over. How to reach a good comfort level? Get a tan or catch some rays. Grab a hand mirror and explore your southern territories. Keep a journal and be honest with yourself. You just have to find a way to feel beautiful and love yourself first.
2. Self-stimulation: Yes ladies, I’m talking about good ol’ masturbation. After all, why would anyone else want to have sex with you, if you don’t want to have sex with yourself? Grab a vibrator or turn on a naughty flick if you need the extra help.
3. Downward Dog It: Practice your yoga, ladies! You’ll learn a ton of positions such as lotus, downward dog, and crane. These will not only lead to a healthy, happier you, but they will also make you limber. Improved flexibility will allow you to explore more advanced sex positions that often lead to intensified orgasms.
4. Find a Mr. McSteamy: This one is pretty self-explanatory. But a little FYI: for many women, the more emotionally intimate you are with a sex partner, the more deep and intense the orgasm. Don’t expect Mr. Let’s Go Back to My Place For a Wham Bam Thank You Maam to give you your first O.
5. Speak Up: Who knows your body better than you do? No one. Well, at least not until you tell them. Be vocal with your partner if you’ve been sexing it up without any grand finale. Tell them, show them! Just let them know what feels good and what you enjoy the best.
So if you’re one of the 43% that hasn’t O’ed yet, don’t worry. Follow some of these steps and hopefully you’ll have the toe-curling event that we all deserve.