Shopping Your Closet: Sexy Camisoles
A sexy camisole is a definite fashion staple for any woman’s closet. And I’m pretty sure we all have a few lying around that we can’t quite figure out how to wear. But bring those lacy numbers out, ladies, because they’re easy to wear for nearly every occasion. (Pretty much everything besides the gym. That would be weird.)
Camisoles can give a feminine, alluring style to any outfit. You can wear a sexy camisole in any season (provided you have the right layering) and for most any occasion. You just need the right tools to wear this tricky number correctly, and I bet you’ve got those on hand, too. Just follow some of these guidelines then head to your closet to “shop” for some new outfits. For free.
1. At Work
While the button-up blouse is absolutely a must in any professional girl’s wardrobe, a sexy camisole definitely has its place in the work environment (and I don’t mean on the floor in your hot colleague’s office). The right type of camisole can make a work outfit seem more feminine and fun and less severe. Because who wants to be severe? Layer a bright silky cami under a blazer or cardigan and you’re good to go…to that meeting or interview.
2. For Clubbing
Here is when the sexy camisole can exude its full sexiness. Choose a v-neck that will show a hint of cleavage (please, no Grand Canyon cleav… not flattering). Styles to try are a silkier fabric with lacy trim (somewhat reminiscent of lingerie, but please don’t wear ACTUAL lingerie…) or even a shimmery or animal print cami. Pair this with black skinny jeans and strappy heels, and you are sure to turn heads!
3. For Casual Daytime Wear
A lacy cotton camisole looks effortless but put-together when paired with a structured skirt, dark jeans, or even a pair of loose harem pants. Play with contrasting feminine tops and masculine details to make the outfit more interesting.
4. For Dressing Up
If you are coming from work, this can be as easy as following the “At Work” tips and removing your blazer for a night out. If you are going to a nicer dinner or other upscale event, try pairing that cami with a pencil skirt and pumps. Simply tucking in a casual cami instantly gives it a more dressy and glamorous look. Easy peasy.
1. Thou shalt not show thy brastraps. Don’t fall victim to this fashion faux pas!
2. However, thou shalt wear a bra. Or something that does not show your obvious nipple-itis. As “sexy” as some people may think it might look… most see is as a little TOO much.
3. Thou shalt not wear a silky, loose camisole with a loose-fitting bottom. Lingerie-like tops should not be paired with loose bottoms. You don’t want to look like you’ve rolled out of bed!
4. If thou are-th endowed with large bosoms, thou shalt not wear a skimpy, v-neck camisole. Try a slightly higher neckline with thicker straps for more support.
5. Thou shalt accessorize a bare neckline. Try a lightweight scarf, a few layered necklaces, or an oversized pendant to top off the look.