The Five Questions We Ask Everyone: Sam Adams
It’s no secret that I have an insane crush on Sam Adams. He’s cute, athletic, cute and, oh yeah, a famous rapper. I couldn’t wait to tell the world about this guy, and profess my love, so when I was told I would be interviewing him? Yeah, I nearly wet myself.
Boston’s Boy is blowing up now in a big way, booking dates all over the place, and his party jams and special way with the ladies are creating major buzz. With summer coming up, there is no better time to throw his EP, “Boston’s Boy”, into the car or blast it at a party. But first, you lucky CollegeCandy readers, get to know the guy behind the rhymes.
5 Questions We Ask Everyone:
1. What is your most ridiculous college memory?
Pretty much all of freshman year. Nothing stands out in particular, but that whole year was crazy.
2. Well, if you can remember anything (or Freshman year at all) let me know. Five things you can’t live without?
My Macbook, friends, music, weed, family…
3. Any motto you live by? What’s the Sam Adams creed?
Have fun, I guess [laughs]. No motto really.
4. What’s your favorite song to belt out in the bars, in your car, or for karaoke?
Wait, what’s that song… It’s Michael Jackson. [Yells to friend] Yo, what’s that song from Rush Hour? Chris Tucker…It’s Michael Jackson? Don’t Stop Till Yet Get Enough!
Ah great song! Would you sing it at shows at all?
No [laughs]. That would be good though.
5. What about in ten years? Where do you see yourself?
On an island, hopefully doing nothing. Not caring about anything.
In ten years? That’s so soon to be just on an island!
[Laughs] I don’t know, I mean, I don’t really know where I’ll be then!
5 Questions Just for Sam:
1. How did this whole thing, this “meteoric” rise of Sam Adams, start?
Well it started in Boulder – I was there visiting some friends, played some shows, and it just kind of blew up.
2. You’re a big Boston Boy and your song played at Fenway during opening day. How was that?
That was crazy. We weren’t there when it happened, but everyone was calling me and we were freaking out.
3. What’s the craziest thing about this whole rise to fame? Is it the fans? On your Facebook and Twitter pages they are definitely showing the love.
Yeah, I love the fans, man; they are crazy. Like at the shows, when they’re singing along to the songs, it’s the craziest feeling. But sometimes it gets weird, like when they get my phone number.
They get your phone number? What do you do when that happens?
[Laughs] Try not to pick up? Sometimes people will call, and just be like “Is this Sam Adams?” and I’ll just hang up.
4. What other artists are you dying to work with?
We’re going to be doing some stuff soon with Wiz Khalifa, and I’d love to work with artists like Drake.
5. So what’s next for Sam Adams?
Well the Stoolapalooza tour already kicked off, so I’ll be touring this summer. I’ll be playing with Snoop Dogg in Indiana soon, and I really want to meet him. I just want to hang out with him, he seems like the coolest guy ever [laughs]. I’ll also be recording – in Boston, New York, kind of all over the place. I’d like to get on vacation sooner than later, but if we keep booking dates, I’ll probably wait till later on in the summer.
Fingers crossed that vacation somehow involves me, romantic dinners and cuddling on the couch.