2010′s Most Overdone Halloween Costumes Contest
Halloween 2010 is finally here and we’re looking forward to celebrating the only national college holiday that ends with me getting stabbed in the eye by an oversized fairy wing. While we’re excited to see all the awesome creative costumes, we’re also dreading seeing all the cliche and uninspired pop culture costumes. Like c’mon, how many Michael Jacksons did we really need last year? And we’re sure this year will be no different. That’s why we put together this list of costumes that we’re sure will be at every single college Halloween party.
In fact, we’re so sure that you’ll see all these costumes that we’re throwing a Halloween photo contest. Be the first person to upload a photo of a different person wearing each of these costumes to our Facebook Fan Page and WIN A COLLEGE CANDY BEER PONG TABLE (like the one in this photo). You don’t have to upload them all in a row, but you do have to be the first one to get all ten photos uploaded. (On the slight chance that no one manages to photograph all 10, the person who uploads the most photos, the fastest will win. And in case more than one of you snaps all 10, we’ll put all your names in a witch hat and randomly draw a winner.) You have until November 2nd to get those photos in and we’ll announce the winner on Facebook at 12pm EST on November 3rd.
Now what are you waiting for? Go grab your camera/cell phone and get snapping!
1. The Kanye: How easy and tempting is it going to be for people to put on a pair of brightly colored sunglasses and make a toast to all the douchebags? Either that, or throw on a fuchsia sweater vest and act like a dick. Extra points if he spends all night shoving “Taylor Swift” to the side.
2. The Lady Gaga: I was thinking I might wrap a red cloth over my face or wear a Filet Mignon on my head. What do you think? Lady Gaga had some extremely crazy outfits this year and I’m expecting to see at least a few make an appearance on the party circuit. And no, I won’t be surprised when that super skinny girl that you always see at the gym wraps herself in caution tape and carries a telephone all night.
3. The Mel Gibson: We all know Mel Gibson was a huge a-hole this year so don’t be shocked when you see people screaming into a cell phone the entire night with an Australian accent, saying affectionate things like “You effing whore!“
4. The Sue Sylvester: An extremely easy costume (blond wig + track suit + attitude = done) and that’s why we’re expecting to see quite a few Sues dancing in the crowd. Only problem? There’s nothing less fun than an unfunny Sue Sylvester impersonator.
5. Jersey Shore: Drawn-on abs? Spray tans? Ed Hardy t-shirts? Dirty pads hanging from the back of a too-tight dress? You’ll see so many of these on October 31st (and 29th….and 30th) that you’ll wonder if you were some how teleported to Seaside.
6. BP Clean-up Specialist: With some dish washing gloves, a surgical mask, and an oil-covered stuffed animal, this costume will be repeated over and over again throughout the weekend.
8. ‘The Hangover’ Guys: Because that movie never gets old! Oh wait, it totally does.
9. Lindsay Lohan: Not only is it simple to put together (stringy hair, leggings and a bag of Splenda) but the drunker the costume-wearer gets, the more authentic he/she will look.
10. An Avatar: Because there are enough people out there who will want an excuse to paint themselves blue and run around wearing nothing but a loincloth.
Contest is for U.S. residents only. Sorry, rest of the world.