Gossip Cheat Sheet: Hollywood is a Disaster
Well, we all know the big news this week was Demi Lovato’s breakdown, which stirred up a lot of controversy (and not just on CC!). I would like to focus on everything else that happened this week instead of focusing on her very personal issues. We truly wish her well, and I want to respect her family’s wishes to keep out of it.
On a lighter note, there are some interesting things going on in Hollywood that don’t involve all kinds of Charlie Sheen/Mel Gibson crazy. And is it just me or are there a ton of movie trailers coming out all of a sudden? Like I need more distractions from class!
Big Time Procrastinating Tools
1. It’s about time: Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are engaged! They released an official statement this week saying how happy they are about their future together. No deets on how it went down yet, but congrats! Reports are saying that Jessica Simpson is upset by the news, but we have a feeling some magazines (ahem, OK/Us Weekly/Star, ahem) came up with that one on their own.
2. Are LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian engaged too? They Tweeted a photo on Halloween of a fake proposal as “part of the Halloween fun” and sources said they weren’t engaged. But now, sources are saying they really are. Apparently they got engaged before they posted the photo, and then made a prank. Why, who knows? Great that they’re happy, but that doesn’t make the public like them anymore.
3. Baby Spice, Emma Bunton, is pregnant with her second child! She and her man, Jade Jones, have a 3-year-old son and just announced that they’re expecting again. Congratulations! Since this is the 9th offspring from the Spice Girls, maybe the mini spices will make their own group!
4. Will Jay-Z be running in the 2012 presidential race? No, but maybe in 2016! In a recent interview, the rapper told said that, “Maybe in eight years, I’ll be the President.” He then went on to talk about politics and the current situation. Honestly, it’d be pretty cool to have Jay-Z as the Pres! Just think how awesome those State of the Unions will be!
5. Speidi might be going bankrupt! The two reality stars, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, have already gone through their more than $10 million earned from The Hills. Wowza, that’s a lot of money! They’ve moved into a studio apartment on Spencer’s parents’ property and are considering filing for bankruptcy. Guess those crystals didn’t deliver on their special, magical promises.
Itty Bitty Time Wasters
1. There will be eight Lady Gagas soon! Madame Tussauds is planning to release eight different Lady Gaga wax figures at their locations around the world! This is the biggest launch in the museum’s history and I’m not surprised it’s Crazy Gaga who’s getting the honor.
2. Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio were spotted out at dinner this week, but it’s not what you think. They’re not dating, but instead they had a dinner meeting with director Baz Luhrmann about his new film, The Great Gatsby. Blake is one of the actresses in talks to play Daisy Buchanan and Leo is the frontrunner for Jay Gatsby. So excited!
3. Supernanny Jo Frost is dunzo! She said she wants to create some balance in her life so she can settle down. I say, we need another so-bad-it’s-good reality show to fill this new void in my life.
4. Weezy is freeeee! Lil Wayne was released from jail this week after his eight-month stay. Hopefully he won’t go the T.I. route and end up back in the slammer.
5. Check out Frieda Pinto looking GORGE in BlackBook magazine!