Intro to Cooking: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Since we all snacked so healthily last week, I think we deserve a treat. And there is no better treat than cheesecake. Unless, of course, that cheesecake also involves peanut butter cookie dough. I know, right?
This recipe is not only super simple, but it will be the one that will make you famous among your friends. Like, “I want to hug you and buy you presents” famous.
Ladies, I present you with my most coveted recipe: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. No, it’s not New Year’s Resolution friendly, but whatever. These things are so good, you won’t even care about the calories.
1 8-oz package of cream cheese
½ cup sugar
1 18-oz package of your favorite store-bought peanut butter cookie dough
1. Take your cream cheese out of the fridge and let it soften. In the meantime, heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Beat until smooth.
3. Take half of the cookie dough (and try not to eat it all with your hands) and use it to line a medium (8 or 9-inch) square baking pan or dish. Press dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. This is your crust.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough.
5. Take the other half of the cookie dough and crumble it. Sprinkle this over the top of the cream cheese layer in the pan.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to chill.
After you let this chill, cut it into squares and try your hardest not to eat the entire plate before your friends get a chance.