Okay, ladies, so here’s the deal.
On Friday, Facebook will become owner of the publishing rights of all your private photos, which means they could do whatever they want with them. Use them in ads. (Imagine a picture of you partying with your peeps on a billboard.) Show them to the world when you become famous. Send them to your boss when you complain about Facebook while on Facebook…
You get the idea. If Facebook owned the rights to your photos it would be bad. Really bad. But you can prevent this. And it will only take a few moments of you time. Just follow the simple instructions below and then pass the information on to all of your friends that have pictures of you. Especially pictures of you from Spring Break. Or tailgates. Or Halloween. Or, well, just everyone, OK?
1. Go to account on the upper right corner of your Facebook.
2. Then click on account settings.
3. Then go to Facebook Ads, the last tab along the top.
4. Then choose edit third party ad settings.
5. Select no one from the drop down.
Then just save and you’re done. You and your Facebook photos are safe. Phew. That was a close one.