10 Things You Should Forget Your Mom Ever Did
So I hope this doesn’t come as a shock to you girls, but Sunday is Mother’s Day. Yes, Mother’s Day. Go ahead, check your calendars. I’m right? I know.
What? You forgot to buy your mom a card? A gift? That’s okay. All hope is not lost. I’ve got the perfect gift idea for you. If you want your mom to have a great Mother’s Day than just forget that she ever did any of these things…
1. Pulled out the naked baby pictures at parties.
2. Came inside at your middle school dance when you told her to wait in the car.
3. Looked at your outfit, raised her eyebrow and said, “that’s what you’re wearing?”
4. Walked up to that guy you were crushing on, and started gushing “You must be___. My daughter talks about you all the time.”
6. Refused to drop you off around the block when she drove you to school.
7. Called your by your embarrassing baby nickname in public.
8. Tried to use “you language” and ended up sounding like she stepped out of the ’90s.
9. Attempted to friend you on Facebook. And then poked you constantly. That is when she wasn’t leaving you “hi honey, how are you” comments?”
10. Bought you a really terrible outfit and expected you to wear it in public.
I’m sure you were cringing and nodding and laughing right along with me as you read all of these common Mom moves, but just for this weekend, let them go. Forget about ‘em. Because for every one thing she’s done that is on this list she’s done ten more amazing things that aren’t on the list.
Like making you chicken soup when you’re sick. Like helping you move into your dorm room. Like spending hours helping you find the perfect prom dress. Like paying for the perfect prom dress. Like always being there for you even when you didn’t know you needed her to be.
So at least for now, forget all that embarrassing, awful stuff your mom has done to you and just focus on the stuff she’s done for you.
Now go buy her a Hallmark card. I mean, come on.