Smokin’ Hot Summer Makeup Tips
The sun? Blazing. Burgers? On the grill. Beer? In the cooler. But your face is melting faster than a snow cone on Pismo Beach.
Your image this summer should scream “hot,” not “overheated.” Follow the simple guidelines below for some sizzling seasonal styling, budget-friendly and doable in less than 5 minutes!
1) Consider eyelash extensions…a great way to add MAJOR GLAM to your peepers without looking overdone. The quick process involves affixing individual pieces of real human hair to your natural eyelashes with eyelash adhesive. They’re good anywhere from 2-6 weeks. No worries about swimming, showering or applying mascara; these lashes last through it all.
2) Who invited the raccoon to the picnic? Avoid too much black eyeliner. Keep it simple, sister, with a smudged line of black or brown eyeliner on your top lid only, as close to the lash line as
possible. Avoid using eyeliner on the bottoms; accent the lower corners only to meld with the top if desired.
3) Leave lips sheer and shimmery! Paints wear off super-quick at the beach, so invest in a lip liner closest to your natural lip color. Fill your lips in first with the liner, THEN top with your favorite gloss. Aloha…luscious lips for the luau!
4) A “must-have” in everyone’s makeup bag: a bronzer. Purchase one with very little or no shimmer to it. Dust with a large face brush on the high points of your forehead, bridge of nose, cheeks and chin. MAKE SURE to dab a touch of your favorite blush on the apples of your cheeks for a sexy super-rosy finish. More potato salad, anyone?
5) If your face is already bronzed or tan, invest in a sheer highlight shadow for your brow bone. This, paired with a touch of eyeliner and two coats of mascara, says effortless yet elegant.
Good luck, gals…and save me a drumstick!
Sharon Lynn is the CEO of Teen2Queen, a CT-based makeup application and supply company catering to women of all ages. An author, fashion consultant and licensed cosmetologist, Sharon is the originator of “The 5-Minute Makeover,” and may be reached at Sharon@Teen2Queen.com.