The Weekly Ten: Meet Mr. Right
I fully admit to watching things like the Jersey Shore, Bachelorette, and Big Brother..I also fully admit it’s a problem. But every time I turn them on I’m reminded of two things 1. I really am completely normal and 2. there are a lot of stupid men out there…
This is coming from someone who has dated most of them. I’ve even gotten into the habit of writing down all of the characteristics I did and didn’t like after the date is over. Call me obsessive, I don’t really care…I’m all for perfection. Or at least finding someone who is everything I’m looking for.
That would be where this post comes in, with two family weddings right around the corner I feel the need to speed up the process to find someone, or at least someone who would make a good date. And in order to do so I’ve cut down my list to just ten characteristics I’ll be on the hunt for:
1. Makes me laugh - To me, conversation has always been more important than looks (to a point though, there has to be some initial attraction). I would rather be with someone who makes me laugh then someone who makes the mean girls jealous.
2. Creative – I like to consider myself pretty creative (with the exception of this topic) and I think for someone to be able to be with me long-term they would need to have a little creativity in order to put up with my story telling.
3, Tall - I’ve found short guys tend to have a Napoleon complex…Plus I just feel more comfortable with a guy taller than I am.
4. Has a job – I understand it’s a bad economy, but I’m just one of those people who works a lot, and enjoys it. So being with someone who has no motivation to even search for a job…yeah not gonna work.
5. Enjoys learning - I was one of those people who got excited about buying school supplies, the person who read the book before school started…I just enjoy learning about something new. It’d be nice to have someone to learn with.
6. Must love dogs (and not own cats) – I hate cats, and am allergic..’nuff said.
7. Spontaneous - I think it would even me out, I’m a lover of routines. I’d want someone who would inspire a random trip to the midwest…just because it would be fun to go.
8. Sarcasm - I’ve dated guys who don’t understand my witty/sarcastic remarks. At times it felt like I was speaking a different language.
9. Loves the outdoors (aka camping!) – I love being outside, no matter the season. Bonfires in the middle of the woods in the summer, festivals in the fall, skating in the winter..and just about anything in the spring. No way do I want to be with someone who sits inside all day.
10. Competitive – Okay, I know what you might be thinking because you’ve been with the “overly competitive guy”. And it isn’t fun to compete with everything, but going back to career…I think it would be nice to find someone as equally driven and competitive in the work place as I am.
So those are my top ten must haves, anyone know a guy who has all ten? What are your must-have-essential-deal-breaking- qualities that you look for in a S.O.?