Intro to Cooking: Quick Veggie Pasta
Sometimes, I have to rely on my microwave for a little help. And that means using microwave-ready foods for assistance. One of my favorite microwave foods is actually packets of veggies — you can get them in individual servings and all you do is microwave them. They’re usually peas, broccoli and carrots — a classic combination — but you can definitely find other varieties in the store. That said, I’m a fan of this one.
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a pasta lover. And while I would like to sink into a trough of Alfredo every single night (who wouldn’t, honestly!?), I know I can’t. This is a quick and easy pasta for one that you can make in just a few minutes.
Quick Veggie Pasta
- 1 package of Ramen — toss out the little veggies and spice packet, cook according to instructions
- 1 package of microwave steamed veggies, cooked according to instructions
- about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- about 1 teaspoon of Parmesan
- about 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper
How to make it…
In a bowl, combine hot Ramen noodles with cream cheese, salt and pepper, and spices. Stir to combine. If you need to microwave for a few more seconds or add a bit of water. Add veggies and stir.
Voila! In a few minutes you have a reasonably healthy dinner. You didn’t even have to use a sauce pot. Enjoy!