Easy Chocolate Eclair Cake [Intro to Cooking]
Growing up, my mom always knew the best ways to cheer up her children. If I was having a bad day or felt sick, she would make my favorite foods, and that would be an instant mood booster for me. One of my favorite dishes that my mom used to make was her famous chocolate eclair cake. This easy to make cake doesn’t require baking at all which is the best part! No need for an oven!
This is one of my favorite dessert dishes ever, and my mom still makes it whenever we come home for the holidays or just feel like eating some sinful dessert, she whips up this recipe and we’re all happy campers! I cannot wait to make this dish for my kids! (Awww…) It’s so easy to make and only takes a little while to get chilled and then it’s ready to serve! Enjoy this tasty dish!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and 3 cups milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping and beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- In a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over crackers, then top with graham crackers. Spread remaining pudding over crackers; top second pudding layer with another layer of crackers.
- To make topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/4 cup milk, cocoa and sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix well and cool.
- Pour sauce over graham cracker layer and refrigerate until set; serve.
Katie is finishing up her undergrad at North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. She enjoys wasting hours on Facebook and tweeting things no one cares about. When asked the question, “Do you do marathons?” She promptly responds, “Of course! Which show?” Follow her @KatieGarrity! Or read her personal blog where she talks about Ryan Gosling and hummus a lot here!
[Lead image via Evgeniya Uvarova/Shutterstock]