Amazing Pesto Grilled Potatoes [Intro To Cooking]
I’m terrified of cooking. There are about two things I can make properly (pita pizzas and hummus) and I basically avoid any other forays into the wonderful world of the culinary arts. I think it’s something about the possibility of burning down my house that gets to me. But, today I found something on Pinterest that may force me to lift my current ban on all things kitchen related.
My mom makes the most fantastic roasted potatoes in the world. I would want to share them with everyone in the world if I wasn’t hoarding them all for myself. Well, I’ll probably never be able to do her garlic-and-cheese potatoes justice, but maybe I can have my own famous carbohydrate filled specialty. And these grilled pesto potatoes sound right up my ally and hopefully yours too! These should be on your summer menu if you love a simple recipe, a good potato and perfect pesto sauce, and really, who doesn’t?
- 5 red potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
For the pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people as the perfect for a summer side dish
- Add the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a blender, until everything is coarsely chopped.
- While the machine’s running add the oil until it’s smooth and then the Parmesan. Put in salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pesto and potatoes in a bowl until the ‘taters are well covered.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and lay the potatoes on it. Wrap in a foil packet and add another piece of foil to make sure it’s sturdy.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes and flip over, cooking for another 15 minutes (or until they’re tender).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Two Peas & Their Pod!