How To: Avoid the Freshman 15
Your freshman year is all about excess. Excess drinking, excess partying, excess sex, but it doesn’t have to be about excess weight. Don’t be terrified of the “dreaded freshman 15.” You can still party without putting on the pounds. You just have to be armed and ready to battle. Lucky for you I’ve put together an artillery list that will ensure you’re still looking sexy in your bikini by the time summer rolls around.
1. Find a Gym Buddy: Whether it’s your roommate, classmate, or bedmate, finding someone to go to the gym will keep you both in check
2. Try to Avoid Beer: Notice I said try. I’m not saying never drink beer, but if you can stick to the hard liquor more you won’t get a “baby belly”.
3. Eat Well: Maintain a healthy diet during the week. On weekends you’ll end up midnight snacking, but during the week stick to salads and greens!
4. Take an Aerobics Class: Most colleges offer electives. Why not take a fitness class? Best 3 credits ever!
5. Drink Water: Avoid liquid calories. Skip the juices and drink water instead.
6. Get Rid of the Junk: Don’t keep cookies and chips in your dorm room. Instead, stock up on healthy snacks like almonds and rice crackers. There’s plenty of yummy treats that are good for you!
[Lead image via Deklofenak/Shutterstock]