Taylor Swift told Harper’s Bazaar that she was uncomfortable wearing the pants in a relationship and that it has to be equal. Do you think her previous BFs were too passive for Miss Swift? She told Harper’s,”It’s wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with.” Meanwhile, (in #histoRHI) Rihanna told GQ that she likes men to be more dominant. That explains the attraction to Chris Brown who is a poster child for control freaks. Be careful Rhi-Rhi, moderation is key. She says, “I have to be in control in every other aspect of my life, so I feel like in a relationship, like I wanted to be able to take a step back and have somebody else take the lead.” It’s always interesting when powerful women like to be passive in other parts of their lives. I suppose it is a part of the balance. Too much control can’t be good for the spirit, nevertheless I would rather be making important decisions in my personal life than spending all of my energy debating whether or not I should pose nude or wear pants for my magazine photo shoot.
• Republican Louisiana Senator Bobby Jindal had a lot to say about his party that will make you say, “Oh snap! Burn!” Jinday said:
“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that. It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”
BOOM! Finally someone within the party calls out Republicans for their baseless, condescending tactics. There are way too many smart conservative people to allow veiled racism, “legitimate rape,” and sexism to sneak through the cracks of a few crackpots.
• What happens to the many women who are denied abortions? The results are disheartening to say the least.
• Diablo Cody just sold a new show to ABC called Alex + Amy about a 32-year-old, Gen X cougar and her 22-year-old Millennial boyfriend. I can’t wait to hear all the interesting debates about Vinyl/iPods, Nirvana/Cold Play, and Zines/Twitter! LOL. JK! I don’t care about this show at all.
• Is the “end of White men” good for White men? With traditionally marginalized groups becoming more socially mobile and population demographics are changing, White dudes are going to have to suck it up and deal with the fact that women and people of color aren’t going anywhere.
• One Direction are going to have a 3D film that will surely be different than the Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus propaganda machines of recent memory. I can’t wait to see Harry’s bouffant pop out at me and Zayn’s dreamy eyes be all dreamy.