Yikes. We all like to make the occasional Tweet about how the world would be better off without J-Biebz, but that is just a fantasy, guys. He is here and no matter how repetitive, “Ooo Baby, ooOoo” is, no one better ever touch a hair on his perfectly Garnier-puttied head. TMZ has the scoop:
“According to KRQE News, convicted murderer Dana Martin — currently serving two life sentences for raping and killing a 15-year-old girl in Vermont in 2000 — recruited a fellow inmate at Las Cruces prison named Mark Staake to carry out the murder once Staake was released. Martin reportedly told police the plan was to kidnap Bieber and his bodyguard and strangle them with paisley ties, Martin’s calling card. Ruane was then going to castrate them. According to KRQE, Martin is obsessed with Bieber and even has a tattoo of Bieber on his leg.”
Fortunately Martin decided against the hair-brained scheme . . . probably because duh. That’s why: duh.
• Here is a teaser for Stacey Dash’s (Dee from Clueless) confusing new reality series, “Stacey Dash Is Normal.”
• There was another devastating mall shooting in Oregon yesterday. Three were dead, including the shooter who committed suicide. Terrible.
• North Korea has launched a rocket. Yikes.
• WTF does “curvy” even mean these days? The Cut discusses how Hollywood has appropriated the term into meaninglessness.
“All a woman has to do to be called “curvy” these days is possess a human body. In the last six months, a dozen actresses have been pegged with the nebulous term (or some variation of it, like, “shows off her curves”), everywhere from People to Vogue, and that’s probably lowballing the figure. In under an hour of archival spelunking, I managed to find twelve examples: Eva Mendes, size 4; Lady Gaga, size 6; Christina Hendricks, size 14; Taylor Swift, size 2; Christina Aguilera, size 6; Melissa McCarthy, size 16+; Jennifer Lawrence, size 6; Gabourey Sidibe, size 18+; Miranda Lambert, size 8; Lindsay Lohan, size 2; and Heidi Klum, size 4, who described herself as curvy in a recent issue of Allure.”
The word has been used as a euphemism for “plus-sized” which begs the question what is wrong with being plus-sized and why do we call it plus sized when the average woman falls into the category?
• The Spice Girls have reunited. Thank Jebus. Viva Forever!