Psy’s “Gangnam Style” Is First To Get 1 Billion Youtube Views [Sugar Binge]
Psy’s “Gangnam Style” is the first video on Youtube get 1 billion views. While I realize it is an international hit, I don’t know anyone who has watched the video all the way through more than once if that at all. Are you down with the “Gangnam” craze? Why do you think the song is so wildly popular? Is it because there’s a dance that goes along with it like the “Macarena?” I wonder if Psy will find success with other songs in the U.S.?
• Are Rihanna and Chris Brown engaged because this picture sure makes it look that way? Then again, they have been trolling us all year long.
• ABC News argues that “curvy” actresses are finding success because they are talented and are setting in a motion a body revolution that is reinventing what is sexy all over again.
“The trend on screen reflects what’s happening in the real world. The average weight of an American woman over the age of 20 is 166 pounds, according to the CDC. The average size waist is 37.5 inches, which corresponds to a size 16 to 18.”
Do you feel better about your body seeing new and diverse shapes reflected on television and in movies?
• Amy Poehler addresses “jealousy issues” in this week’s Ask Amy.
• Why is there a Modern Family nail polish line?
• The CW is casting a new Robin Hood series with a LADY ROBIN HOOD. Holler for more positive female roles on television, kicking ass and taking names.