Jennifer Lawrence admitted something so true Confucius might have said it, “Acting is stupid.” She told Vanity Fair, “Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.”
Of course we all like to watch movies and television and the industry employs a lot of people in front of and behind the camera, but it is nice to remember that there are plenty of people out there who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to school so that they can save lives – maybe your life someday – and there are people who risk their lives to save lives – and maybe your life someday – so let’s just keep things in perspective. No one’s job is more special or worthy of worship than anyone else’s. We all do what we can and try to do what we love.
“2012 saw the second-highest number of abortion restrictions ever enacted. During the year, 19 states enacted 43 provisions to restrict access to abortion services, whether mandating invasive ultrasounds, blocking health insurance coverage, shuttering women’s health clinics or limiting access to the morning-after pill and contraception. The record for most restrictions was set in 2011 with 92.”
• Do you care about what men think about your makeup? Truth is, they can’t tell if you’re wearing it most of the time.
• Here is a video fo Kathy Griffin trying to kiss Anderson Cooper’s pee-pee. You know you would too. Silver Fox.
• Anne Hathaway continues to talk about how she is so lame.
• The “Violence Against Women Act” which is supposed to protect women from violence (the name is a little vague on where it stands) did not get passed. Yep, there are people who are against protecting women from violence. Oh, and guess what? They are running your country.
• Kim Kardashian sex tapes are selling like hotcakes now that she is pregnant with Kanye’s seed.