Justin Bieber Beat Up His Bodyguard, Bodyguard Sues [Sugar Binge]
Justin Bieber, the itty-bitty popstar, has beat up his bodyguard (allegedly)? If I beat up my bodyguard, I would immediately fire my bodyguard, if he can’t protect himself from me, how can he protect me? Anyway, the bodyguard is suing. According to TMZ, “Biebs – who’s 5’7″ and MAYBE 130 lbs – is being sued by Moshe Benabou, an ex-member of the Israeli army. According to Benabou – who claims he worked for the singer from March 2011 to Oct. 2012 – JB berated him and punched him in the chest multiple times during a disagreement about how to handle a member of Bieber’s entourage. Benabou is seeking unspecified damages for assault and battery – and more than $420,000 in unpaid overtime.” I wouldn’t be surprised if Justin had a bit of a temper, the media is constantly emasculating him, I’m sure he wants people to think of him as a “man,” and for a lot of young men being a man = tough. It’s not the first time he’s gotten into a fight either. What do you think? Any truth to the accusations?
• Many young Evangelicals just want to be religious and stay out of errybody’s business. They’re not interesting in homophobia or slut-shaming. They just want to love God, yo. Buzzfeed interviewed a bunch of these progressive, young Evangelicals who are annoyed that many in their sect are giving religion a bad name.
“Ricky, a 21-year-old evangelical Christian college student, isn’t necessarily committed to abstinence before marriage: “If two people are in love and are willing to take the next step, I believe God would approve.” He respects both sides of the abortion debate, but thinks churches shouldn’t have a say in the matter. And he’s an enthusiastic supporter of gay marriage; he thinks Christian opposition to it will be “a black eye on our religion for decades.”
• Whenever Azealia Banks has a Twitter beef her record sales go up – even when she uses the homophobic F-word.
• There is a new clothing store in San Francisco targeting tomboys, butchies and transmen. SWAG.
• Rookie Mag has a lovely piece on the New York ballroom scene that made drag a staple of NYC and changed the way we think about sexual freedom and fashion.
• Another study shows that being Americans suck. AKA we are pretty unhappy with the way our lives are going.
“Overall, nearly 40 percent of adults across the nation said they’re not where they want to be in life, with 31.8 percent saying they thought they would have achieved more by now. More than 60 percent of the population can’t put a finger on exactly what’s holding them back from achieving their goals. One in three adults across the nation admit they don’t currently have–or don’t know if they have–the level of education and skills required to achieve their life goals.”
• This lady, because she was insecure, stopped wearing makeup for an entire year. She saved a bunch of money and is now pretty freaking confident about her appearance, saying:
“When I look in the mirror, I don’t see wrinkles, anxiety, zits, or exhaustion, although they are all there,” she said. “Instead, I see a face, a person, a personality, a life. If someone asked me if I felt beautiful I would have to answer honestly: yes.”
Do you wear makeup everyday? Would you ever stop?
• There is going to be a 50 Shades of Grey movie. Will that be NC-17 too?
• NY Mag says the new season of Girls is going to be off the hizzy.
• Here is the new Rebecca Black – yes, she is worse.