Homemade Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter [DIY with CC]
January 19, 2013 2:00 pm Posted in Beauty
Sigh. It’s the heart of winter and I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that my skin is dry and cracked because of Mr. Freezing Weather! I do have a favorite moisturizer but it would probably cost me a small fortune if I was to use enough of it to keep my skin hydrated 24/7, but who wants to have scaly skin? Well, settle no more! I have a quick affordable solution to all your winter skin woes-DIY whipped coconut oil body butter! It doesn’t require many ingredients (essentially only one!); it’s more natural than many other moisturizers, and the best part is you can make a bunch of it!
Materials You Need:
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil (optional)
- A few drops of your favorite essential oils for fragrance (also optional)
- A glass jar with a tight lid
- An electric hand mixer ( a blender or food processor WON’T work because it warms the coconut oil up too much so that it won’t whip!)
1. Put the coconut oil and any other ingredients (optional) into a mixing bowl. The coconut oil should be solid (don’t melt it!).
2. Mix on high speed using a wire whisk for 6-7 minutes or basically until it looks like whipped cream.
3. And voila! Spoon out the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and make sure the lid is covered tightly. You can store it at room temperature or if your house is a little on the warm side, put it in the fridge so the coconut oil doesn’t melt! Don’t worry- it usually stays relatively soft even at cold temperatures!
I think I might stop writing and go try this out right now…
Photo and Idea Courtesy of LivingtheNourishedLife!