How to Be Perfect, According to Gwyneth Paltrow
This year GOOP is changing it up a little. The first newsletter of the year started with “I am not on a detox. I am not on a diet.” The last post of December discussed the misguided pursuit of perfection. It’s kind of weird. Like Pippa Middleton’s Celebrate, we look to GOOP for tips on how to be perfect. Perfectly groomed, capable of cooking perfect meals, living in a perfectly decorated apartment. Ah, unfairly high targets, gotta love ‘em. So how exactly does one achieve perfection, according to Gwyneth?
1. Eat Superfoods. Gwyneth loves superfoods. This month, eat avocado, blueberries, walnuts, and spinach. All together. All the time.
2. When you have friends over for dinner “it’s nice to have your menu designed and printed out for you to display on the table.” Perfect people have lots of dinner parties. If you’re really perfect you’ve made a menu. You’ve probably laminated it too.
3. Buy candles that smell like cashmere. Cashmere and wealth.
4. “Fly all the time. Like, all the time.” That’s what Gwynnie does and is thus what we must all do. Bring packets of Vitamin C and take ’4 or 5′ when you get to your seat. Use two different types of fancy hand sanitizer, or as perfect people call it, ‘rinse-free hand wash.’
5. When travelling, wear Donna Karan leggings, a t-shirt by Alexander Wang and a blazer by Helmut Lang. Use a Proenza Schouler Bag for your carry-on.
6. Buy your boyfriend this smoke detector shaped like a bird.
7. Get all your beauty products from Boots in England. (As a British person, the image of Gwyneth Paltrow shopping in boots is hilarious.) Buy little tins of vaseline tiger balm.
8. When you have kids, dress them in wool vests with llamas on.
9. Holiday in the Hamptons. Duh.
10. Meditate. Be Mindful. Use organic products. Do yoga. You know, all the basic stuff you’re already doing.
What are your top tips for being as perfect as Paltrow? Leave a comment below!