Sometimes, all we need is a good comfort food. I know for me, that’s oatmeal. The problem is, oatmeal can get super boring after awhile. Thankfully, that’s why there’s this thing called the Internet that has a bunch of different recipes and special tricks to spruce up even the dullest tasting oatmeal! Here’s one of my favorites below! Yum!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 of a large apple, diced
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup milk
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add oats. Cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey and allow to dissolve.
- Add apple and allow to cook until apple softens.
- A splash milk to adjust to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve with pecans on top.