Two Massive Explosions Go Off During Boston Marathon
CollegeCandy isn’t a breaking news source so we urge you to read more extensive coverage on CNN or The Boston Globe. Police have reported that 2 have died and 28 have been seriously injured after two explosions went off at the Boston Marathon finish line. It’s unclear who perpetrated the attack and the investigation is ongoing. Terrible. Just sad. Our thoughts are with Boston.
Here’s a summary last updated at 4:58 PM from CNN.com:
- Two dead in bomb blasts near finish line of Boston Marathon, Boston police say. Area hospitals say 28 injured.
- Two explosions happened at about 2:50 p.m., more than two hours after the first of the race’s nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line.
- Third blast later reported at JFK Library about 5 miles away, police say. Not clear whether that blast is connected to first two.
- Red Cross website established to help people find loved ones in the area
- Check back here for updates; full story here;
In Lesser News . . .
A portrait of Angelina Jolie getting her boobs licked by a horse is selling for $46,000
There are giant snails invading Florida that are the size of rats.
Now you listen to Jake Gyllenhaal read The Great Gatsby.