As a newly single lady, I felt it was almost an obligation that I try this Tinder thing out. I have a couple of friends who have gone on some great dates, and a lot of friends who have gone on zero dates, but assured me it would – worst case scenario – make me laugh and remind me that there are good looking men in the world. While this is partly true, it’s also true there are a lot of sort of scary, make me feel uncomfortable, horrible pick up line dropping men out there as well.
I have compiled my 10 biggest Tinder pet-peeves that will make me NOPE you pretty much immediately:
1. If you send me an emoticon or say “Sup”. What even is that? Sup? N2MU? Do we have a conversation now? Ugh.
2. If you live more than 40 miles away. Really, I guess this is Tinder’s fault. But who goes on Tinder searching for a long distance relationship?
3. If I can’t tell who you are, because you only posted group shots. I always feel like I am being tricked. It’s just not worth the risk.
4. If all of your pictures are clearly with your girlfriend. Because, come on.
5. If your “about me” is a generic motivational quote. If I have to read that I miss 100% of shots I don’t take one more time…
6. If you’re under the age of 21. What would we even do? Oh wait, do you have a fake? Nice.
7. If you look like you may murder me. Because internet safety is no joke, y’all.
8. If all of your pictures are you without a shirt on. Ohhhhhhhhmygaaaaaaaahd I get it you have a 6 pack.
9. If you have a baby. Sorry…. But ain’t nobody got time for that on Tinder. I literally don’t even have the time to join an actual dating site that requires me to answer any questions about myself.
10. You have no pictures… It’s the only requirement of Tinder. Get it together.