In between working, interning and juggling 15 credits of final semester courses, I’m basically useless in all other aspects. I. Am so. Tremendously. Tired. I don’t even have time to call my mom, let alone date. I can’t lie…I think that I’d be more motivated to get out and/or make the effort if it wasn’t such a waste of time.
In terms of online dating, I’m pretty much over that as well. I’ve talked the
1) Your Photos: Overall, they’re really good. You come across as happy and friendly and that is great. One tip is to switch back and forth between your first and second photos — the OKC algorithm places you more prominently in other people’s feeds when you update your profile.
2) Self-Summary: Add some more specifics about your job and the music you write about. People will find it interesting — you have a cool job, which is awesome, so tell people about some engaging and specific aspects.
3) What I’m Doing with My Life: See #2 above. Add some more fun stuff. You’re obviously a fun person, so we want to make sure that shines through.
4) I’m Really Good At: If you want to go with the humor/sarcasm angle here, I’d suggest writing: “Everything except…” and name a couple of very specific things that are either trivial (e.g. Karaoke), non-sensical (e.g. exploring the Arctic Circle), or very unique and rare skills (e.g. playing Mozart).
5) On a Typical Friday Night: See if you can expand this. If you are with friends, what do you like to do? This is how someone can get a picture of what they might do on a first date with you.
6) You Should Message Me If: In addition to “you’re conversational,” consider adding some specific things you like to talk about OR things you want to talk about with him.
CollegeCandy gals, how do you make your OKC profiles stand out?
When she’s not watching for Blue Ivy sightings or doing some serious Facebook creeping, Khalea moonlights as a print journalism major at the REAL HU, Howard University. Follow her on Twitter at @letsbeKHAlear, or feel free to Twatch. Whatever works for you.