The Christmas season is my absolute favorite time of the year. Besides the random acts of kindness, the community solidarity and the Starbucks red cups, I can’t lie – I LOVE presents. I usually don’t get what I want, but there’s nothing like untying a delicately looped bow, ripping open a meticulously wrapped box and unearthing a thoughtful freebie from mounds of translucent tissue paper.
I don’t bother leaving lists for Santa under the tree or even seriously answering my mom’s yearly “What do you want?” text – I have expensive taste and I just don’t want to set myself up for disappointment. But if someone happens to ask this year– or if Santa plans to make an appearance at my bachelorette pad – I think I may clue them in to a few of my favorite things. After all, I’ve been a very good girl.
1) Céline Phantom Luggage Tote: I need a sleek and chic carryall to tote my laptop, lip gloss and library books around the city – preferably real leather, and not vegan.
2) Leopard faux fur coat: Nothing says “I’m a baddie” better than leopard and fur. I’ll probs be the baddest of them all if I combine the two.
3) A MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro: I’ve had my white MacBook since 2010 and though it gets the job done, it’s just time for an upgrade. Pro power! And although my iPad is feather light and convenient, I’d feel better working on a machine like a MacBook Air with a full keyboard.
4) 64gb iPhone 5s: Because my measly 16gb 4s is running out of space from all of my screenshots and selfies.
5) Michael Ealy: Self-explanatory. #heyboo
6) J. Crew Crystal Blooms Necklace: I. LOVE. Jewelry. The right accessories can easily transform an entire wardrobe. This statement necklace would be perfect over my favorite chambray or underneath a blazer for a business profesh look.
7) Kate Spade Skyline watch, J. Crew pavé link bracelet, connected hearts bracelet: It’s due time for a big girl timepiece…I’m so over feeling helpless when my iPhone loses juice and I can’ t tell the time. I’ve been lusting over this watch for months. It’d be perfect alone or stacked with these super-cute bracelets.
8) Cooperative Jeweled heel: Confession- I can’t walk in heels. As many times as I’ve tried, my stowaway backup heels end up in the forefront on nights out. These heels are sensible, stylish and shiny. Win!
9) New frames: Since my allergies are kicking my ass this season, I’ve been rocking my glasses everyday. A new pair of cateyes or wayfarers would be a fun addition to my rotation.
10) “I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This”: I completed my undergrad studies this semester, and the adjustment has been different to say the least. From moving to job hunting and everything in between, I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching and book reading. Kate White, former Cosmopolitan EIC, penned a book chock full of career secrets and secrets to success…perfect for my happily ever after graduation.
When she’s not watching for Blue Ivy sightings or doing some serious Facebook creeping, Khalea moonlights as a print journalism major at the REAL HU, Howard University. Follow her on Twitter at @letsbeKHAlear, or feel free to Twatch. Whatever works for you.