We’ve all hard this beauty rule of thumb: When you go big with one feature, you keep the rest simple. It’s about balance. If you’re wearing bright lipstick, nix the heavy eye makeup. If you’re doing the smoky eye, push that red lip stain out of the way. And if you’re anything like me, you have one signature bold beauty look that you wear over and over.
Looking to break the rut? Take this quiz to find out which beauty look is right for you.
You overall style is best described as:
What’s your favorite color?
1. A neon shade like hot pink or lime green
2. Something eternal like black, navy, blush or gray
3. Pink all the way! You love pastels.
4. A shade of blue
How long do you usually take to get ready in the morning?
1. Around half an hour
2. Not long, maybe 15 minutes to fix your hair and makeup. You lay your clothes out the night before.
3. At least an hour! You make sure every detail is in place.
4. You’re always the first of your friends to be completely dressed and ready to go. You’re very low maintenance.
You’re most likely to wear:
1. A leather jacket
2. A crisp white button-down
3. A patterned sundress
Your beauty icon is:
1. Kourtney Kardashian
2. Jennifer Aniston
3. Selena Gomez
4. Cameron Diaz
How often do you step out without makeup?
1. Occasionally. If I’m running errands or something you may catch me bare-faced.
2. Almost never, but I only rely on one or two products daily
3. Absolutely never!
4. Very often – in fact, you general wear very little makeup
Your beauty mantra is:
1. I’ll try any look once.
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
3. Never leave home without your face on.
4. Natural beauty is the best kind.
Mostly 1s: You should try a bold lipstick. You’re a trendsetter and are always up for a fashion challenge. Give a fun shade like blood orange and electric purple a try.
Mostly 2s: You should try a cat-eye. You have very classic, refined taste. Rocking this ever-so-slightly bold trend will keep you true to your signature look while adding a little bit of flair.
Mostly 3s: You should try ombre nails. You’ve already got makeup down to a science. Why not try painting each nail a different shade of the same color? It’s a fun trend that will go well with your put-together look.
Mostly 4s: You should try shimmery bronzer. You’re a natural beauty – bronzer is a great product for girls like you because it’ll give you a glow without making you feel like you’re wearing a ton of makeup.
[Lead image via NinaMalyna /Shutterstock]