If you’re lucky enough to go to college in a big city, there’s a good chance you want to live in one forever …but if you don’t, you might find the prospect of living among one-way streets and late-night bars incredibly scary. The truth? It’s amazing. Okay, it’s not for everyone, but there are so many wonderful things about living in a city.
1. The food.
Oh god, the food. You’ll never set foot into an Olive Garden again.
2. The creative opportunities.
You can work in a super cool industry, do cool things and just generally be cool in a big city.
3. The shopping.
And it some ways you save money because you actually end up returning the stuff you regret buying online in the store.
4. Never having the drive anywhere.
Walking and cabbing and taking the train are way more fun.
5. The arts and culture.
You can watch a show, peruse a museum or just ht a sidewalk festival without leaving town.
6. The interesting people you meet.
You’ll find people who come from completely different walks of life than you do and you’ll learn a ton from them.
7. Going out until 4 am is totally possible.
I mean, if you’re into that.
8. All your friends will want to visit you.
Because you live in the cool place.
9. There are way more single people for you to mingle with.
Dates on dates on dates.
10. You can have basically any food delivered to you at any time.
That’s the best part of it all, honestly.