Being single rocks. Take it from this soon-to-be-married old lady: You have the rest of your life to snuggle up with one person and stay in on Friday nights. It’s almost impossible to discount the pros of single life (the parties, the choices, the fact that you never have to share your pizza with anyone) but people are constantly trying to bring the single ladies down – and if you’ve been on the receiving end of any of these comments, you know that to be true.
1. “Don’t worry, you’ll find someone soon.”
I wasn’t worried, actually. I was too busy dodging the 7 people who are trying to date me right now.
2. “Oh, but you’re so cool!”
I know. What’s your point?
3. “Do you want me to set you up with my boyfriend’s friend? You’ll like each other because he’s single too.”
No. Being single is not ‘having stuff in common.’ Unless he’s hot, in which case you can overlook that.
4. “Why aren’t you dating anyone?”
5.” You just haven’t met the right person yet.”
Hate to break it to ya, but you probably haven’t either.
6. “Are you on any online dating sites?”
Is that really any of your business?
7. “You’ll can’t possibly understand _________ because you don’t have a boyfriend.”
8. “You’re too picky.”
Or maybe you’re not picky enough?
9. “You’ll find someone when you stop looking.”
Oh is that how it goes, oh wise one?
10. “Relationships are honestly like, so much work.”
When you say that you honestly sound like, so condescending.