I’ll admit it – it’s been a tough one, you guys.
It seems like you weren’t able to turn on your computer or TV in 2016 without hearing some more bad news: another shooting, protest, violent act, or something else that makes you question humanity.
We lost legends such as David Bowie, Prince, and Muhammad Ali.
At least half the country is beyond upset that Donald Trump is set to take the White House, and the election was a sh*tshow no matter what side you were on.
But this year wasn’t a total wash. Don’t believe me? Read on for 21 reasons 2016 didn’t suck.
1. Leonardo Dicaprio finally got his Oscar.
3. Tiger populations are on the rise for the first time in 100 years.
4. Scientists made a breakthrough in ALS research, pinpointing a gene that may be linked to the disease.
5. The Cubs won the World Series, breaking a 108-year drought.
6. There’s a new Harry Potter book (and play…and movie!).
7. People dressed up as angels with wings to shield the funerals of victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting from Westboro Baptist Church protesters.
8. Three words: This Is Us.
10. We finally found out the truth behind Jon Snow’s parents on Game of Thrones (and Ramsay Bolton got what was coming to him).
11. VR is finally a (very expensive, for now) reality.
13. There was a team of refugees at the summer Olympics.
14. Scientists in Italy discovered that people who regularly consume pasta in moderation were slimmer.
15. People actually went outside thanks to Pokemon Go.
16. In September, two Van Gogh paintings were recovered in Italy after they were stolen from a museum in Amsterdam 14 years ago.
17. The Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix is so close!
18. Starbucks all over the country started donating their unsold food to food banks.
19. A Marine who lost all four limbs received a double arm transplant so he could hold his fiancée’s hand
21. It’s never too late to start celebrating the good things in life, no matter how small.