Olivia Penna Is Named The Most Motivated Person Ever (By Me), Completed A PT Internship While Still In High School

Olivia Penna

I know a thing or two about overachieving. In college, I edited the school newspaper, held three internships, was captain of the golf team, studied abroad, and somehow graduated with a 3.9. Humble brag. But I think Olivia Penna may have me beat.

As a senior in high school, the Miss COED 2017 semifinalist completed an internship at Steadman Hawkins physical therapy clinic. I repeat, AS A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL. Now a freshman at Colorado State University, Olivia hopes to become a physical therapist and credits her internship for solidifying what she already knew – that she wants to help people. TBH, this girl is my new role model, and she should be yours too.

Get to know more about Olivia below, and be sure to check back daily as we get to know each of our semifinalists a bit better.

What is your biggest accomplishment thus far? 

My biggest accomplishment has been completing a semester-long internship at Steadman Hawkins physical therapy in Denver during my senior year of high school. It showed me that I truly want to help people and make their lives better. I can’t wait to possibly do another internship there.

Which organization on campus are you most passionate about and why?

I am extremely passionate about my sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. I had never seen myself as a sorority girl until my mom made me go through recruitment. There, I met the most amazing girls and realized I’m not part of a sorority, I’m part of a family. I am in love with our philanthropy CASA as well. It really helps children that have been put in bad situations with their family lives and we help give them a safe place.

What exactly is CASA, and how does your sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, help support the organization? 

CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate. This organization supports court-appointed safe meetings between children and parents. These children could have been abused or in an environment that wasn’t safe for them. CASA promotes safety for these children and gives them a new environment where they can succeed. We raise money and awareness for CASA at Kappa Alpha Theta through events!  

For the full interview, head to our sister site coed.com.

Follow Olivia on social media:
Twitter
Instagram
Snapchat – olivia_p6

Megan Heintzcollegecandy writer
Editor. Writer. Traveler. Shoe obsessed. While judging people on how they use "their" vs. "they're" on social media, she enjoys eating anything (literally anything) with Sriracha and binge-watching HGTV.
Comments
  • You Might Like