You didn't leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That's okay. No stress. You'll get it all done. We're so sure that you'll get it all done that we're giving you a few more excuses to procrastinate.
• Halloween do's and don'ts • How to write a perfect essay in 5 minutes • Should you study abroad? • Make caramel apples • Ways to beat the mid-semester fashion slump • How to make money in college • Utilize your class time
Freshman year Halloween. Is there anything scarier? I’m not talking about the orange and black jello shots or the DIY strobe lights and dry ice combo favored among frat house basements. No, the part that caused me to break out in a cold sweat and goosebumps was the daunting task of selecting the perfect costume.
There's so much to accomplish in college, it can be overwhelming. At times it seems almost impossible to schedule in studying between losing your virginity and apologizing to your roommate for mistaking her drawer for a toilet. But luckily for you, we've got your back.
• I want to kiss a girl, but my boyfriend says no • How to deal with people you hate • 7 challenges to spice up your life • How to REALLY enjoy national chocolate day • Think Foursquare is stupid? You'll love this • 15 awesome WTF photos • Pull off Freida Pinto's classic style
Wowza, we thought last week was bad! This week just womped it! There have been all kinds of crazy flying around this week, and it's only getting worse. At the rate we're going, nervous for what's to come next week.
Amid the holidays that I passionately adore, there are some that rank higher than others. Halloween is one of my favorites. I love the autumnal weather, the unnecessary amounts of chocolate, and having one day to claim "my life is a masquerade" and not be greeted with WTF looks. I love it so much, in fact, that I have decided to write a poem.
• 8 non-sexy costumes that will make boys go weak in the knees. • 10 reasons not to drink Four Loko. • Are you ready for the Rally to Restore Sanity?? • PETA supports Lilo. Under one condition.... • We're loving these kickass lace-up booties. • Oh Will Ferrell. You crack us up.
• Important lessons in Lady Gaga costumery • Street art: these people have mad skillz • Dr. Oz wants us all to have more sex • How do I tighten up down there • If we had photoshop in real life • 5 under $50: Foldover boots • Jon Stewart interviews Obama
Since last week's letdown of an episode, it's time to come to terms with the fact that Jersey Shore is no more. At least until January. You might be asking yourself, "But, but, but how am I ever going to get my Jersey fix without my eight seven lovable guidos/guidettes entertaining me on Thursday nights?"
SELF Magazine would like to tell you that no, muffin tops and French Maids don’t really mesh. But they’ve got a little workout called the Witches Brew that’ll give you abs of steel by Halloween. As in this Halloween. As in October 31, 2010. As in three days from now. While you’re stirring away at that cauldron of false dreams, we’d like to offer a few goals that are more realistic to achieve in seventy-two hours.
Kate Upton made her triumphant debut in Sports Illustrated’s 2011 Swimsuit issue. There’s no doubt this 18 year old Florida...
• Do you think it has something to do with the girl who can't be tamed? • Need a little heart-warming sesh? Read this. • Four Loko: an investigation into 'blackout in a can.' • And the best costume of the year goes to Ellen. • The best of the best low-carb snacks. • Is post-breakup friendship just a pipe dream?
• Easy (funny!) college craft projects • What happened to the customer always being right? • So the Rocky Horror Glee show happened • Succeed in school without really trying •How to fight fair with your BF • 5 full minutes of people being awesome • Get the sequin jacket look for less
Halloween 2010 is finally here and we're looking forward to celebrating the only national college holiday that ends with me getting stabbed in the eye by an oversized fairy wing. While we're excited to see all the awesome creative costumes, we're also dreading seeing all the cliche and uninspired pop culture costumes.
• What brought Taylor and Jakey together? Some theories. • One word: FAIL. • Miley Cyrus' 10 most innaprop moments. • How you wear bright eye shadow. • An awesome argument in defense of books. • Want to win a $100 gift card to Kohl's?
• 7 things to do while you're on the treadmill • This is too adorable • What does this sex dream mean? • Really Charlie Sheen. Pull it together. • So you want to go to law school • Join up for the ultimate Twitter fashion party • 5 things you should never wear to work
You may remember singer/songwriter Robyn from her '90s dance mega hit "Show Me Love." While we in America haven't heard a lot about her in the past decade, this amazing Swedish seductress has been busy taking the rest of the world by storm.
Taylor’s career has been built upon writing songs about her encounters with other people, revealing facts about her relationships, and candidly exposing her side of the story. This is something that many people have done in their music and through their interviews. However, they get a lot of crap for it – while Taylor seems to get the thumbs up.
Unlike Brody Jenner, I was extremely depressed when I saw Avril Lavigne's trashy corset and horse-tail extensions smeared all over Maxim this month. Regardless, loyal to the man-mag and the bro-tastic insight inside, I snatched up the magazine. And that badboy was thick!
• I smell a Jake Gyllenhaal break up song in the near future. • Uh oh. Mel Gibson is angry. • The 8 most horrifying beauty trends....ever. • Pets in costumes. Heart melting. • 10 things that we know about Katy Perry/Russel Brand's wedding. • What does celebrity-inspired nail polish look like? Surprisingly cute!
Alright everyone, take a moment to remain calm. Is your hair in missionary disarray, just like Serena's after her night with the "cab stealer?" Mine is. I was ready to tear it out during the entire episode. Then I came to my senses, fearing having to get extensions like Jenny's. OH THE HORROR.
• This is just FAILtastic • Puck (Mark Saling) is releasing an album...we couldn't be more excited • How to have sex with a vampire • Cameron Diaz is dating our fave Glee teacher?! • What $500,000 buys around the world • Win one hundred dollars from hautelook • Why must all celeb moms get in on the spotlight?
Your registration appointment isn’t for another three days, but after hours poring over the course catalog, you’ve finally created the perfect schedule for next semester. It took a lot of finagling, shuffling and about 27 pieces of paper, but you’ve done it.
Do you have a picture of your Dad chugging a Natty Ice and wearing a lax pinnie? Wearing a tank top and aviators? Or better yet, do you have a photo of your pops indulging in Edward Crown Royal Hands? If you answered yes to all of these questions, or if your Daddy is just plain bro, it's time to take his bro-ness public.
YouTube trends range from the adorable (kittens and babies, anyone?) to the grimace-worthy (FAILblog’s YouTube channel has over 1 million subscribers). Recently, though, a trend has popped up that is downright inspirational- the It Gets Better Project.
• 8 celebs with strange (really strange) side jobs. • Taylor Momsen just keeps getting better and better. • How has the recession affected women? • Prevent the cold this season! • Does anyone understand what's going on in Kanye's latest movie? • Keep those lips kissable all winter long.
There are a lot of perks to experiencing Halloween as a college student, that’s a given. But remember Halloween as a little kid? When you looked forward to more than the drinking games and the slutty sexy costumes?
You didn't leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That's okay. No stress. You'll get it all done. We're so sure that you'll get it all done that we're giving you a few more reasons to procrastinate. You're welcome.
Compared with the grind of the working world, college is a pretty cushy experience. Still, not everything on campus is as rosy as the tour guides would have you believe. Despite its many opportunities, student life is fraught with frustrating rules and limitations.
• Choose the major that will get you to your dream job • 3 fun and unexpected Halloween costumes • Just a typical college ACB thread • Tailgating on the cheap • Do's and don't of bringing a laptop to class • Unusual careers for college grads • 4 habits you should adopt in college
So one time I hooked up with a freshman. And I liked it. But I knew (or thought) it would be a one time thing. Kind of like drinking a Venti before rush-hour was a one-time thing. Or shamelessly Googling pictures of Zac Efron.
I slept with the lights on after a midnight showing of Paranormal Activity 2, which is saying a lot for a movie that I went into with “Whip My Hair” stuck in my head beforehand. For a long time, I had been predicting that the follow up to last year’s Paranormal Activity would be a more corny, overdone version of the first film (which I loved, even if it made my cry).
• It's back to rehab for dear Lilo. • 8 tricks to help you suppress that appetite. • Were these people drunk when this happened? • Halloween according to the cast of Modern Family. • The many (fabulous ways) to wear a scarf. • Truth: I am deathly afraid of what this might look like.