The main reason any of us watch The Hills is because the lives of all those pretty people in L.A. are more exciting and dramatic than our own. They go out to fabulous clubs, they eat at the best restaurants, they drive the nicest cars and they hang out with the prettiest people. And they get into bitch brawls at the bar.
I often ignore live and "best of" albums. Even from artists I love. What's the point, right? I have all their music already - how many different versions do I need? But this week I decided to live on the edge a little bit and listened to both a live album and a "best of" album. And ZOMG, I'm so happy I did!
• So, who are the people's favorite A-listers? • Is that Eva Mendes' nipple? • So this is what the Woman of the Year wears... • Real leather jackets...for under $250? • The coolest wheelbarrow race I've ever seen. • Joel Madden really doesn't like Britney's vajay.
If you've ever wondered what an acid trip was like, Lady Gaga's latest music video seems like a pretty close match. Seriously, this thing is freaking me out. It's like Girl Talk mashed up a Gaga song, a drug-fueled mini-porn and some couture fashion product placement (Burberry jacket, Alexander McQueen shoes, Chanel sunglasses...).
Because I'm making six pennies a year in my job after taxes, I follow a very strict budget that allows me to afford a moderate amount of food and a moderate amount of fun. There is no room for a savings plan in my budget so I just figured if I was extra careful nothing would ever go wrong. Then last week everything went wrong.
• Lindsay Lohan was dating Heath Ledger!? • Tracy Morgan is raunchy. This is surprising? • Scandal at Cornell! (And this is JUICY.) • Nicole Richie brings her style to Bebe. • Some women will do anything for a new pair of boobs... • Glee is a giant success! (Duh. It's awesome.)
It was like any Monday night around here. I came back from the gym, had a little dinner, did a little reading and gathered with the roomies to watch some Gossip Girl. There was the usual Jenny drama (homegirl is such a bitch!), some witty banter, a funny ploy by Chuck to get Serena and Blair to make up...and makeout, and ho-humness over at NYU.
• Well that was fast, Katy Perry. • Oooo lala. We're digging cuff bracelets. • A Victoria Beckham modeling agency?? • Ivanka Trump is a budget shopper, too! • That's one way to get your BF to break up with you... • John Mayer....defends Brit Brit?
We have no idea what brought these two guys together for this splendid photo opp, but we know one thing for sure: that's a whole lotta douchebag for Times Square.
(Guy, two girls, at dining hall breakfast.) Guy: You girls don't need your buns toasted, do you? Girl 1: Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh. Girl 2: Heh heh. No. Guy: I was talking about the hot dog buns
When word spread around GW that The Real World would be filming here, the student body went a little crazy. It's all anyone could talk about. Where would they be living? Where would they be partying? How would we get an invite back to the swanky MTV pad?
• The Jackson family reality show is a...reality. • Please don't let this Josh Duhamel stuff be true. • Divas unite at the Europe MTV awards. • Can his hands tell you if he's a jerk? • Jennifer Lopez is a little bit naughty. • Is it just me or does Kristin Cavallari have a really big head?
Oh, sweet November—overnight, Starbucks has switched to holiday cups, Christmas-themed commercials are beginning to air, and I’m starting to get a serious hankering for turkey. I can’t wait to get a spiffy new pair of mittens—maybe designed by Lady Gaga?—and enjoy my last winter in college.
It's 2009. Who doesn't support a strong woman, am I right? Whether you want to assert yourself by wearing jeggings or teaching your guy how best to push your buttons, we’re behind you a hundred percent. Especially if you're old and fragile.
We all agree that Lindsay Lohan is a train wreck. But can we really blame her for being so messed-up when she’s had to deal with parents like Michael and Dina Lohan?
I'm pretty sure a former frat boy had something to do with this.
Disney’s hopping on the makeover bandwagon, re-imagining Mickey Mouse as an angry-eyebrow-sporting curmudgeon who roams around a “cartoon wasteland,” wielding “paint and thinner thrown from a magic paintbrush” as a weapon. Seriously.
Last week, as I fired up the DVR to catch up on all the shows I'd missed from the week, I had a rather enlightening moment. Sorta like an Oprah "aha!" moment, only way more embarrassing. My entire DVR was taken up by reality shows. Top Chef, Project Runway, The Real Housewives, Ace of Cakes... Hell, I even had a little Real World/Road Rules Duel on there.
• Who knew Levi Johnston was so poetic? • Who's Adam Lambert's new man?? • Wanna win some diamonds!? • Morning workouts burn more calories. • Lady Gaga does Gossip Girl. • 6 must-wear textiles for right now.
So it's finally time for Fashion Week. Fashion Week that happened a year ago, but a big moment for those designers who made it through, nonetheless. It's been a long journey. 12 challenges and ots of lost talent along the way (we're talking mostly to you, Ra'Mon!). But after last night's episode, I can honestly say that those judges finally did some good...er...judging.
• Chris Brown has something to say, too. • Kevin Federline's gone and knocked up another one. • Maybe Mariah should re-think this wardrobe choice... • There's a big shoe sale happening and we want in. • Why is Obama so adorable? • Oh no! Blanche!
I am getting really freakin’ tried of hearing from this National Parents Council, aka The-Ultra-Conservative-I-Have-No-Life-So-I-Want-To-Make-Everyone-Else's-Miserable Club. Their most recent rant is in response to the racy Gossip Girl ads advertising a “3Some” on next weeks issue. OMG! A threesome?!
• So, Kristen Stewart is gay? • Rihanna is embarrassed she ever loved Chris Brown. • We're loving Charlotte Russe accessories. • Damn, that's a sexy hobby. • Britney Spears forgot something.... • What's Brad hiding in that beard?
• An NYU student was found dead at the library this morning. • Some celebs did it all wrong on Halloween. • Is there a J.Lo sex tape coming? • Angelina Jolie needs a cookie. • Kirstie Alley tries another weight loss idea. • Kim Kardashian gets a fist to the face.
Everything I know I learned on The Street…. Sesame Street. And today, on the show’s 40th anniversary, I want to give credit where credit is due.
It’s been nine months since Rihanna’s bruised and beaten face appeared on the cover of tabloids across America. And while Chris Brown did his fair share of talking and apologizing publicly, Rihanna remained silent…. until now.
Lady Gaga never ceases to amaze/horrify. Her entire wardrobe is one big costume box. Which leaves me to wonder what she was for Halloween... With everyone else going as her this year, I can't even fathom what she could come up with.
• What's the sexiest accent? • Hailey Glassman hates Perez. We hate them both. • Mischa Barton gets in a bar brawl. • That causes acne?! • Kristin Stewart needs a new stylist. • Is a college job really worth it?
I know that no one is forcing me to watch this sh*tshow, but no matter how annoying it has become, I've been watching these kids since the beginning and I refuse to quit now. Mama didn't raise no quitter! But that doesn't mean I don't hate all 22 minutes of it. Two of which (yes, I was timing it) were taken up by long and angry stares last night.
Do you ever listen to music that's completely ridiculous? (Editor's Note: Does Miley count?) To the point that you start feeling ridiculous and maybe even hide the fact that you listen to other people? (Editor's Note: Miley definitely counts.) Or just sorta wonder what's going on in the artist's head?
• Ryan Seacrest is in some serious danger. • Pretty sure this man ate diamonds for lunch. • Jon Gosselin is officially douchier than Speidi. • Did Lady Gaga kill a photographer?! • Chris Martin isn't such a great guy afterall. • Everyone loves Jimmy Choo for H&M.
My love of sandwiches and my love of men run almost parallel to each other on the mathematical graph of my life, intersecting only at the moment someone lets me eat a sandwich and have sex at the same time. That's the stuff dreams are made of. And until that time comes, I've thought up a few sandwich ideas that bring my two weaknesses together.
To put it bluntly: Melrose Place version 2.0 is a train wreck. And who are we (and the producers) going to point the finger of blame at? Ashlee Simpson, of course. Booed off the stage and now off the set, the girl can't seem to catch a break. But is anyone really surprised?
And then you see it. Scribbled on the dry erase board tacked to your door: come back later. The writing is messy, but the message is loud and clear. Your roommate’s got a boy in there and you are not welcome.