This Sunday is the biggest night of the entire year....if you are Natalie Portman. For the rest of us it's another awards show where we can sit at home in our pajamas snarking on celebrities through a liveblog. Yep, that's right, A LIVEBLOG! We're back again this Sunday for Hollywood's biggest awards show. We'll be covering the events from the second the first D-List celebrity get rushed down the red carpet until No Strings Attached takes home the award for Movie of the Year.
2010 was a year of infinite life lessons, courtesy of celebrities everywhere and impeccable tabloid coverage. Whether you realized it or not, high-profile snafus paved the way for your own indiscretions- showing you what works...and what'll land you on the cover of Us Weekly next to a salacious headline.
Although Finals Week may be a brutal task, at least it is reassuring to know everybody has to fight through it. And when I say everybody, I mean everybody. The library has become a home away from home for many college students, most of whom I could definitely do without.
If you didn’t watch The OC in high school (or middle school…God I’m old), chances are you probably didn’t have any semblance of a social life. Ok, that was harsh. You had one friend- your mom loved you dearly and thought you were terribly special. But within the confines of 9th grade classrooms, you were definitely left out if you didn’t have an opinion on the latest OC plot twist.
If there’s one thing we all know (but often try to deny), it’s that college is basically it’s own little universe. It’s that beer-drinking, bar-hopping, Cliff Notes-reading, coffee-chugging “safe haven” between the comfort of your parents’ home and that place everybody calls “the real world.” And unfortunately, we all know that “real world” is much less exciting than MTV moguls would like us to believe.
Rihanna’s latest video for her song “S&M” hasn’t even been out for a week, but it’s stirring up a controversy. Due to the sexual nature of the video and its subject, “S&M” has been banned in 11 countries, restricted on YouTube (it’s only available if you log-in with an account that proves you’re over 18), and pulled from play on some radio-stations until after 7pm.
Every college girl knows that her best friends aren't necessarily just the girls she heads out to lunch with. A girl's got a lot on her plate and therefore must have a full on support system to help her get by. Thank god she's got her 20 BFFs by her side.
I woke up this morning in a mood. I had a fight with my Ish last night. (You know, the guy in your life who isn’t quite your boyfriend, but is more than the guy you’re dating; he’s boyfriend-ish). It wasn’t even really a fight. It was me being frustrated at him for various reasons, expressing that frustration, and him responding in an even more frustrating, nonchalant way. So I went to bed mad, and, not surprisingly, I woke up mad.
• I want to date a traditional dude • The Hangover 2 trailer is here! • Why does it matter how many partners she's had? • Eating pizza everyday can save your life • I've lost interest in my boyfriend... • How to wear winter white • Guess which Hollywood hottie had braces his senior year?
• The real truth behind the best Oscar curse • 15 more benefits of really great sex • Some really, really awesome ads • Let's talk about a teen mom who needs help • This period tracking bracelet is REALLY stupid • If only housework was this glamorous • The most outrageous fashion fails in Oscar history
Remember Freshman year when every upper classmen you knew said "treasure the next four years, they go by so fast." Well not to sound like a broken record...but they kind of do. I'm entering my last semester of college and this huge list of things I had planned on doing before graduating has kind of well, not been tackled at all.
So I don't know if you ladies have heard or not, but everyone's favorite heart-throb Hugh Hefner is settling down...again. And this time with 24-year-old Crystal Harris. PopEater tells us that two are getting closer and closer to making it official now that they've set a date for the big day. And while Hugh's ex, Holly Madison, worries about what would happen to Hugh if the two were to divorce I can't help but wonder what will happen to Crystal if they don't!
• Top 10 signs he's a keeper • This is awesome. • Worst best picture winners of all time • Another reality show we don't need • Who is cuter? J. Biebs or Ellen? • Oprah talks to transgender model • Talk about an awkward photo • EW Susan Sarandon!
• I look really young? What clothes would make me more mature? • Celeb photos without the airbrushing • A gal's guide to breaking up • Usher travels with a WHAT on tour?! • Win money in an online Oscars ballot. (no entry fee!) • Um, no wonder we have a body image problem in this country • Since when are they dating??
You may not know by now, but I’m a movie nerd. In fact, I have seen all of the films nominated for Best Picture this year at the Academy Awards. Which brings us to why we’re here: I’m going to help those of you who didn’t want to spend a million dollars at the theater last year, but still want to impress at your Oscar party guests.
I get hair cuts all the time and it never stops the presses, so why should Bieber's new shag be talked about like it actually means anything? Or our favorite friend, Jen's, new style (which isn't new for anyone who actually watched 'Friends').
• Busting the 8-hour sleep myth • 10 movies the Oscars made famous • Hahaha, this one night stand game is awesome • Huge winter clearance sale on boots! • What happens to the statue after J. Biebs hits puberty • A perfect dainty bracelet for your wrist • Can drinking diet soda help me lose weight?
This week’s episode caused quite a buzz (tee hee) before it even aired: entitled “Blame it On The Alcohol,” this week’s installment featured its high school-aged characters participating in illegal drinking. Which, might I add, was sorta hilarious. But that's not the point. I understand the origin of these concerns. Glee does have a very young fan base, and surely some of its viewers are impressionable – like, “Hey! Brittany’s drinking! I want to drink, too!”
• Someone told Sofia Vergara she had to lose weight to get famous • Betty White is too funny! • How to deal with one-sided friendships • Is this Hollywood's new hot couple?? • Here's why Jesse James cheated on Sandra Bullock • Would you wear weight loss leggings? • Um, Beyonce did blackface...is that okay?
As I sit here typing these words the world of Twitter is having a major meltdown over Justin Bieber’s new haircut. (PopEater has all the details for you right here.) Some fans have stopped following him. Others only love him more.
Wanna know what happened on this week's creation of Gossip Girl? Why don't you look up the word 'lamesauce' in the dictionary and get back at me. Didn't find anything? Well, it's time to petition Merriam-Webster, because that's the only word I can think of to describe the disappointment I feel for this show on a weekly basis. A girl can only be distracted with lace blazers and Nate smirks for so long before she totally gives up
Diane Kruger is a certified, regulation, top-tier hottie. I mean, she is ethereal enough to have been cast as Helen of Troy. She is currently boning and betrothed to wed Joshua Jackson (PACEY!) And she somehow managed to make stilted sexyface look alluring and hot on this month's cover of Glamour. And I'm absolutely gagging (in the best possible way) over her cover ensemble.
• Why female friendships are so so amazing • Kim Kardashian is officially a frat boy • An open letter to the Grammys • Toys I always wanted as a kid • Higher education or lower standards • Enough with Brooklyn's boobs • Well that's one way to make money in college
Last night’s hometown date episode of The Bachelor proved to reveal the very interesting, very…unique…sides of each of the four remaining potential Mrs. Womacks. From Shawntel’s cringe-inducing awkwardness to Chantal’s expanding (food) baby bump, the night was full of unintentionally hysterical twists and turns.
Lifetime movies, like eating frosting out of the tub with a spoon, are one of those guilty pleasures we all indulge in that only our closet friends know about. However, let's be real: we all love watching those cheesy movies that our favorite D-list actors star in to revive their long-lost careers. And tonight's newest addition, 'Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy' is no exception.
CollegeCandy is turning 4 this year (which in blogging years makes us about 108) and we're so excited to be celebrating with all our fans, all 1.3 million of them, that we're throwing a birthday party. And unlike your frenemy who throws a birthday party and expects you to buy her drinks all night, we're just happy that you're here. So happy that we're giving away presents on our own birthday. I know, I know, we're TOO GOOD to you.
• Facebook makes a progressive step towards equality...YAY • She's the only reason to see this movie • Some really, affordable outfits you can put together • Celebs who lost weight for a movie role • Get the dashing diva nail look today • 3 ways to wear motorcycle boots • Some silly statistics
Remember (see I told you) when you were a little kid and you use to have to write those essays about what you did over summer vacation, what you wanted to be when you grew up, and oh yeah, what you would do if you were president for a day? Well, I’m finally getting around to writing mine. In honor of Presidents' Day I present to you, the top ten things I would change if I were president.
You didn’t leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That’s okay. No stress. You’ll get it all done. We’re so sure that you’ll get it all done that we’re giving you a few more excuses to procrastinate.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m tough on comedies in general. In fact, I seem to be getting a rep as a movie snob… (See: Easy A and No Strings Attached). But at the end of the day, all I really want is a comedy that will respect its audience. I think Cedar Rapids is the perfect example of that.
• Jennifer Hudson is having the best week ever • Hey! Women are funny too! • Get your body ready for spring • Watch Justin Bieber get shot (don't worry he's acting!) • I'm sorry. WTF is going on in this world!?! • Should you marry your college sweetheart? • How to rock a pashmina
What do you get when you combine a fame hungry parent, a hysterical child, and a pop-sensation? A viral video sensation!
College life can get pretty crazy -- especially when alcohol gets involved. Especially when that alcohol comes from a cooler labeled Jungle Juice. So this week we were in the mood to hear some crazy "only in college" stories and asked you in our weekly Monday Facebook poll "where's the weirdest place you've ever woken up?"
Dear "That Guy", Your ability to drink in excess and ruin 95% of pictures taken at parties gets me hot and bothered. I think it's uhh... adorable that you maintain your appearance to the point where I question your sexual orientation. I guess I respect the fact that you tweeze, bleach and pluck more than me.
Between Deena being constipated and weighing 40 lbs more than the first episode, someone losing their "dirty drawers" (my money's on Snooks....) and the boys sticking poo poo pads under Deena's pillow only to later find them under their own, this ep should have just been called "Sh*ts and Giggles...and Ronnie Tears."'
Michael's passion for music is so inspiring. And his voice may or may not take our breath away. Okay, it does. Ahhhh.