A few weeks ago, I asked one of my boys what guys were most afraid of in the bedroom. For him it was knockin' a girl up. For me it was weird farty noises. Needless to say, I felt a bit shallow. I mean, shouldn't I be the one fearing a bun in the oven? And shouldn't he just be scared of skid marks in his boxer shorts?
• Those Twilight people are really selling out. • The worst celebrity plastic surgery. • The 80s are back in a major way. • Lady Gaga "tones it down" in Israel. • Heidi Klum is done having kids. • Australia does plus-size fashion. Well.
Of course, before we got to meet the new designers in the main event, we had a little taste of some of our favorite designers from previous seasons in the Project Runway All-Star Challenge. I was more than happy to spend two hours with Chris March, Santino Rice, Daniel Vosovic, among others, but after seeing the snooze-fest of a cast that is season 6, I wish I hadn't been teased...
• Didn't you know Lindsay Lohan was British? • This might be worse than PDA. • Keira Knightley gets booby for Chanel. • Finish your summer in fabulous style. • Tyra Banks wants to buy your love. • Jon Stewart is totally crushing on Tim Gunn.
Fall is rapidly approaching and with it comes the excitement of Welcome Week, the thrill of meeting new people, and the resurgence of long denim. Normally, I’d welcome the chance to trade up my daisy dukes for a comfy pair of jeans, but this year something’s come up that’s made me reconsider.
When we heard about the casting call for MTV’s reality show Freshman 15, we might have peed our pants a little. What could be more fun than watching freshman battle the bulge on national television (laughter, tears, and more than one beer and nacho binge guaranteed to ensue)? We are suckers for anything MTV, especially when it includes vulnerable freshies and crack-the-whip personal trainers.
In honor of tonight's Project Runway return (a full 5 hours of it!), I decided to take a trip down PR memory lane. It's difficult to choose my favorite moments from my long term relationship with Project Runway (how can you choose when you've got season after season of people like Kayne, Blayne and that weirdo lady who spit on her dress?!), but here are some of the best.
Guitar Hero 5 hits stores on September 1st and we at the CollegeCandy offices can not wait to pick up a copy. And to celebrate the upcoming release, we are giving away everything you would need to throw a kick ass Guitar Hero 5 release party for yourself and all your music loving friends.
We all know that celebs are people too and that they are bound to screw up at some point (that's the stuff we love most, isn't it?), but there are just some screw-ups are unforgivable. Situations and decisions that leave us asking, “How could they do this to me?! How could they turn on me!?" (Yeah, it’s a little sick, but I say blame it on the cultural climate.)
• Why you should care about health care. • Heidi Montag prepares for Miss Universe. • NY pays students for high test scores. • Is Michael Jackson's doctor a murderer? • Wanna make your man jealous? • Jon Gosselin is a "dirtbag."
• Unlike most politicians, Barney Frank doesn't mince words. • Mr. Belding's back. And he sings. • Give yourself an at-home facial. • 4 signs he'll be good in bed. • Why does Richard Hatch keep getting arrested? • Well, that kid's gonna be totally effed up.
This week we hit up the West Coast as we examine the two hottest schools in Los Angeles- the University of Southern California and the University of California- Los Angeles. Amidst the beautiful SoCal climate and a city rife with movie sets and superstars, private USC and public UCLA compete to find out which is most elite in the City of Angels.
Project Runway is finally coming back tomorrow night. They've kept us waiting for-freaking-ever and now it's all coming back in a MAJOR way. I am still not quite over the fact that I have to watch Lifetime (the same network my mom boasts as her fav), but I gotta say: I'm really excited to see what this new season has to offer.
• Check out Britney's performance on Letterman last night. • Madonna gets weirder by the day. • Put Whitney Port on your face. No, really. • Michael Jackson's doctor speaks! • How much do women cry? A lot a lot. • I want me a loaded Corona!
Sometimes I love a band so much, I just sit and wait for them to come out with something new. Well, I don't literally sit and wait, but I do get really excited when I know a release date is near. And this week, my long and painful wait was over.
• Do I even have to ask what you think? • Hey, LiLo - put on a bra! • American Idol is really scraping for some judges. • Brad Pitt likes the pot. • Brett Favre really needs to make up his damn mind. • Can Keri Hilson save R. Kelly's career?
So as I spent another long summer day mourning the loss of LC from my biggest guilty pleasure (yeah, I'm still not over it), a promo for a new MTV show, House of Jazmin, caught my eye. I don't really get the spelling of her name, but Jaz is young, cute, and bound to have messy, dramatic hookups every week…
They come in all different colors, styles, and sizes. They’re a part of our daily uniform during the summertime (Editor's Note: And if you're me, they stay in rotation until the snow begins to fall); we wear them to the beach, to work, or when we’re just hangin' out in the house. Some people may hate on flip flops, but they are truly god's gift to mankind (after Channing Tatum and Coldstone Creamery, of course).
You wanna express your love with your man? Fine, but keep it in the bedroom. No one needs to see you shoving your tongue down his throat (or your hand down his pants) when they're going about their daily business. And you know what else we don't want to see? You shoving your hand down your own pants to adjust those boy shorts that keep creeping up your crack.
Your bags are unpacked, your Harry Potter poster is hanging over your bed, and you’re celebrating your first night back on campus with some Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka drinks and the new roommates. Ahhhh. How good it feels to be back.
• Eric Dane's video isn't a sex tape, OK? • And this is why you don't dance on tables. • Break me off a piece of that. No, really. • How do you rock the mesh shoe? • Celine Dion is preggers! • What's wrong with Marky Mark?
• Dancing With The Stars will be interesting this season. • So, Michael Jackson still hasn't been buried. Ew? • Scrub that body! • I've never been more grateful to be a woman in America. • Why is Lily Allen crying? • Get the most out of those workouts.
I want to propose the unthinkable: I think hipsters are kind of OK. Many, many people disagree - even some here at CollegeCandy - but if you can look past the obvious (like the mustaches and the outline of the boys' genitalia through their super tight denim), I think our friends in Bushwick and the 'Burg have some redeeming qualities.
There is a holiday that exists that, in my heart, surpasses Christmas and even Halloween (which is a pretty bad ass holiday, because it involves drinking, candy, and costumes). This holiday is Welcome Week. Oh yes, that's a holiday, even if it isn't recognized by calenders or...anyone who doesn't go to college.
• Is this not the cutest photobomber you've ever seen? • Mariah Carey delays her album...again. • You may never wanna wear flip flops again.</a • Who's next for Dancing With The Stars? • Rapper begs Kanye to come out of the closet. • Ed Hardy....hand sanitizer? COME ON!