Don't waste your time in the grocery store checkout line staring at last week's gossip (use it to stare that the other odd things they've got hanging up there....foot file? Next to the food? Ew). Here's your gossip cheat sheet of the week: the biggest Hollywood stories and, just for good measure, a little pinch of not-so-big Hollywood stories.
Above, an outtake from Ke$ha's sexy Maxim photoshoot. Because nothing's sexier than twisting yourself into a pretzel so you can lick the bottom of your shoe.
This week I celebrated a birthday and for the first time in my life I couldn't think of one thing that I really wanted. I had already gotten all of my friends together (and to dress up in ridiculous costumes) for a party, I got a half dozen cupcakes (and 3 full cups of frosting!), and I spent the entire day on the phone with the most important people in my life. Oh, and my oldest friend took me out for all-you-can-eat sushi. What more could a girl want?
• People are talkin'. Could it be true? • More mistresses for Jesse James? • Ed Westwick has a diva moment. • Eat breakfast. Lose weight. • This is your brain on drugs. • Isla Fisher totally keeps Sacha in check.
The first 'Jersey Shore' book has been announced, and we're sad to say it won't be Snooki's tell-all.
Would you rather have every material object you could ever (EVER) dream of OR be loved by the one you love?
Flip through the channels on any given day and take your pick of whose lives you'd like a firsthand look at- pregnant high-schoolers, wealthy housewives, bridezillas, fist-pumping guidos, drug addicted celebs, trashy hoes fighting (literally) for the love of a rockstar, famous-for-no-reason celebs, tiara clad toddlers, and people who've had waaaaay too many children.
• Was Jake really looking for love? • Is Avril Lavigne back with her ex? • Scrubs is over. In case you were still watching it. • Hate running? Get fit walking! • Jesse and Sandra - a look inside their relationship. • Would you rock lavender hair?
• This seems like a match made in heaven. • Animals with stuff stuck to their heads are really cute. • 7 clothing items men should avoid at all costs. AMEN. • Lipstick is back. Ease back in with this fun little kit. • The best of the best upscale consignment shops. • Kim Kardashian is single.... and so is REGGIE BUSH!!
Today, as I went about my daily business reading all my usual blogs, I came across this post on YourTango, listing off 25 really bad excuses to call him. Many of the reasons making up the list were a ridiculous, absurd and totally crazy... And as I read them off, one by one, I realized I'd probably used all of them at one point or another in my dating history.
Sometimes I think Lifehouse writes songs with me in mind. It's like every album they've ever put out was talking to me and guiding me through whatever ish was happening in my life at the moment. I can't tell you how many times I played songs like "Hanging By A Moment" and "You And Me" on repeat over the past ten years.
In an ongoing attempt to make my life as awkward as possible, I have begun an intimate texting affair with a complete stranger. Well, he’s not a complete stranger. I did meet him at a bar in the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, I met him after I chugged six liters of vodka, took 17 Jager bombs, and injected 9 kinds of tequila straight into my veins.
I’ve officially decided the best way to read Cosmo is out loud on Spring Break with your best friends. Maybe it was the rum in our (multiple) Miami Vices, but we couldn’t help but crack up at all the advice Cosmo had to offer in this month’s issue.
Kate Gosselin has gone through a whirlwind over the last year: Cheating rumors, a nasty divorce, a public PR campaign to get her story out there ... and now, 'Dancing With the Stars.' The mother of eight shook her stuff on the 'DWTS' dance floor for the first time last night...
If I had to choose who I'd want to win in a boxing match between Jenny Humphrey and Jack Bass, I honestly don't think I'd be able to it. That would be like asking me to choose between rolling around naked with Joel McHale for an hour or getting 24 hours to eat as much Costco cake as I want without having to count the calories.
You might have noticed that lately, magazines and TV are being applauded for finally displaying "average" looking women. From America Ferrara starring on Ugly Betty, to Tina Fey on 30 Rock, to Glamour giving Crystal Renn her own spread, it seems like the media industry was actually making some headway in this department!
While you may be looking forward to seeing your friends, getting back to your favorite professor’s lecture, and maybe even that cute guy you were flirting with before the break, I guarantee you’ve forgotten about the other people you'll be forced to deal with. The uber annoying ones who always pop up after our beloved break.
I am at a place in my life where I can admit my foes, and honestly, J-Beebs has been a trending topic on Twitter and my mind for weeks now. Now, before anyone goes and yells at me about how he may or may not be a foot taller than a duck and twelve-years-old, hear me out.
• House approves huge changes to student loans! • Usher is really nice to Justin Bieber. • Fun, alternative uses for all your jewels. • Tiger Woods golfs, speaks to the press. • 5 reasons to date your BFF. • Michelle McGee clarifies a few things....
Did anyone else get a sunburn from the ridiculous weather this weekend? I'm pretty sure this was the first time I was excited to be rubbing aloe on my aching, burning skin after the treacherous winter that we've been put through this year. New York, I'm looking at you.
(Guy and girl in tour group, walking through campus.) Guy: Flying's weird. Turbulence feels like you're ... hitting a ton of small animals, or something. Girl: Ohh-kay. Don't know you well enough for that kind of humor yet.
It started off like any other football Saturday: beer pong and well-done burgers on my friend's roof at 8am. Except unlike most Saturdays, I was dominating the beer pong table. By the time we had to leave for the game, I had 5 games, 7 beers and a hamburger bun under my belt. And I was drunk.
I can't believe we are in the midst of a whirlwind Spring Break week. It seems like everyone (but me) is either A) drinking a cocktail poolside or B) drinking a cocktail poolside.
If you're not a huge gossiper/have a subscription to every tabloid/read the gossip blogs religiously/understand the issue that is Suri Cruise's choice in footwear, it's hard to understand what all your crazy, celebrity-obsessed friends are talking about. I mean, it's hard enough to tell the Jonas Brothers apart - how does anyone keep up with Britney Spears' relationship status (are they on? off? on? is she shaving her head again?!)?
I have no words. None. Can someone try to explain this?
As I sit in class from time to time, and witness some questions asked that I could have answered in grade three, I am forced to wonder, “how the HELL did they get into college?” I know I am not alone on the dark side of this unsolved mystery. Ivy league friends of mine often share stories of some pretty dull crayons in their boxes as well.
• Looking back at the Best Actress curse. • Seduce that boy toy with these fail-proof tricks. • More cuteness from JC Penney! • This is NOT America's Next Top Model. • Chatroulette for college kids? • So which is it - cake or pie?
• See how people cure those nasty hangovers around the world! • Is Jennifer Aniston's movie a flop? • OK, so Britney isn't single? • Fun ways to work your jewelry. • Oh. My. God. Tiger is a dirty, nasty man. • Snooki's in trouble!
So St. Paddy's Day 2010 has come and gone and if the giant foam hat I discovered in my bed this morning (that I don't even remember wearing...) is any indication, the day was a huge success. Not a success: my brand new pillow cases that are now permanently printed with glittery green shamrocks that were once adorning my cheeks.
From our friends at PopEater: As the tabloid swirl around her husband Jesse James continues, Sandra Bullock has abruptly canceled her participation in the British premiere of 'The Blind Side.'
• Yay! Another baby for Amy Poehler! • Did Sandra Bullock's husband cheat on her? • Jesus, is everyone breaking up? • Feel happier every day. • Kate Winslet leaning on Leo? • Learn how to kiss well (or teach your man).
I don't know who is the mastermind behind the music videos for rock band, OK Go, but I want to shake his hand. After watching their treadmill video for Here It Goes Again over 20 times, I didn't think they'd ever be able to follow it up with something nearly as awesome (without caution tape, that is). But these guys have done it again. And this one is even better.
Would you rather get guaranteed A's on all your finals without having to study OR get a free week-long trip to the destination of your choice for Spring Break?
From everyone at CollegeCandy, have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day! May it be filled with green beer, Irish car bombs, greasy pizza and more green beer.
• 9 strange green foods to try today. • Jay Leno's got some bullies. • Why some women are falling for Jessica Simpson. • Can Britney Spears control herself? • The best advice for student loan consolidation. • What happened to Jennifer Love and Jamie Kennedy?
With all the fuss lately surrounding healthy body images and the perfect abs, it seems a bit surprising that Donna Simpson, a 42 year old New Jersey woman has actually made it her goal t be the world's fattest woman. She's even said it would be "a fantasy" to reach 1,000 pounds!