Your alarm goes off and before you even get out of bed, the winter chill hits you. It’s gonna be a cold day, which is great since you have 4 classes and a meeting. You pull back the covers and jump out of bed. Holy hell it's cold. You curse your state. You curse your old house and it's terrible heater. You curse your stupid choice to pick a school not in the Caribbea
• Ew! What happened to Pete Wentz? • What are the biggest headlines of '09? • Is he turned on? Try smelling him. • So what's Tyra gonna do now? • The best moisturizers for your bod. • Marc Jacobs wears Speedos.
• Watch out men - here we come! • The most memorable TV moments of 2009. • Kim Kardashian's making bank with Twitter. • The 7 worst marriage proposals. • 10 ways to winterize a summer dress. • Is Katy Perry engaged?
Every time I turn on the television, pick up a magazine or check my Twitter and favorite gossip websites, there are certain celebrities that just won't go away. They're always doing something idiotic or annoying and they make sure we all know about it. These particular celebs have taken over 2009 and I'm not about to let them ruin 2010 for me.
While much of what 2010 has in store for us is a big fat mystery, there are some things that we just can't wait for! And, of course, quite a few things we'd rather do without. Get ready for the future, ladies:
This week, as we round out 2009, I've picked out our favorite media-buzz worthy events of the year. Keep in mind that this list will include a lot more cheating and Ed Hardy than Healthcare reform and economic crashes. (Sorry Madoff, I'm just not that into you).
(A bunch of people sitting around a campfire.) Girl 1: Marshmallows are kinda gross, when you think about it. Girl 2: I think it’s a good kind of gross. Like tiny, edible fat people.
Girl Whose Updates Consist Solely of What Her Dog Does: Getting Dooney out of bed to play in the snow is next to impossible. She just looks at me and then lays back down. She is such a teenie-bopper. I literally put her leash on and tried to pull her out of bed with no luck, the bed would have had to go on a walk also!
Is it just me, or does it seem like almost every celebrity out there had some giant scandal in 2009? I feel like I spent at least 3/4 of the year crouched in front of the TV or refreshing my news on the internet just to keep up. From Michael Jackson's shocking death, to cheating husbands, to a family sending a silver balloon in the air and forcing their family to lie just to get on TV, the scandals have gone from serious and sad to very WTF worthy.
When I walk through my local Salvation Army or thrift store, I fully expect to be assaulted by an abundance of glittery, jingly, horrendously ugly Christmas sweaters. That is where they belong, after all. Once a trendy item among soccer moms, those same women have since woken up from their chardonnay-induced comas and realized that no one should be wearing something with a fuzzy/light up Christmas tree on the back. So they donate them to the needy.
Woo! Winter break! No class! No studying! Just TV marathons, home cooked meals and snuggle time with the family pooch. What's not to love? OK, so sometimes the family can be a little much, but that's a small price to pay for the heaps of free stuff you'll be taking back to campus with you come January.
• Wow, Paris Hilton really is a moron. • The best one-hit wonders of the decade. • How much does it cost to party with the kids of Jersey Shore? • Vanessa Hudgens' nude photos still haunting her. • Which Hollywood fam would you want to spend the holidays with?
So, this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down a kid got grounded for three months when his sister ratted him out to his parents. With a lot of free time ahead of him and nothing to do, this kid decided to get some revenge. He snuck into his sister's room and started snooping around.
• Amy Winehouse needs to stop beating people up. • The most under-reported stories of 2009. • Does the "nice guy" even exist? • Well, these posters are a bit insensitive now... • Is it worth it to travel in your 20s? • Balloon boy's parents are sentenced.
• So what was it that took her life? • Taylor Swift gets another award. • That lipstick is killer. Literally. • Britney still can't make her own decisions. • Get hot indie designers at discount prices. • Who are the most toxic bachelors?
Oh, how I love Christmas morning. There's nothing quite like waking up to the smell of slow-roasting, honey-baked ham and my dad's own personal off-key rendition of "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire." But, let's be honest, as much as I love food/my family/blah blah blah, I (like most of you reading this) like getting presents the most.
Would you rather date a guy who makes normal noises during sex but sounds like Chewbacca when he orgasms, OR date a guy who is completely silent every single time you have sex?
Ah, the new year is upon us, ladies. I absolutely LOVE this time of year, when everything feels so fresh and full of promise (or is that just the fact that I finally have my mom to clean my dirty laundry?). But, as tempting as it is to delete the old year like last week's Nip/Tuck season finale, there are still some (very valuable) days left in 2009.
For most of us, 2009 was probably not the best year - the economy was still in the toilet, we were fighting two wars, Michael Jackson (and Patrick Swayze!) died, and we couldn't play beer pong out of fear we were going to get the Swine Flu. But all that didn't really matter to those peeps out in Hollywood, because, despite all the odds, some people still managed to come out on top.
• T.I.'s outta jail, people. • Good news: Matthew Morrison is not gay. • George Clooney hooked up with Madonna!? • Vivienne Westwood makes Lee jeans cool again. • Who's the most overexposed couple of 2009? • Make him go crazy over you.
As you may or may not know, there's a lot going down in Washington right now in regards to our health and bodies. Not only is there major debate about Obama's health care plan, but Capitol Hill has been buzzin' about Botox. Namely, the idea to put a tax (nicknamed "Bo-tax") on it and other cosmetic surgeries.
Turns out, just because I'm 6 months out of college doesn't mean I've stopped making stupid life-threatening decisions. Take this past Saturday, for example. Despite reports that there was a massive blizzard outside, I sat inside and got ready to go out for the night. All the news reports recommended staying in. But, like usual, I thought I knew better than the news.
• Bring on health care reform! • Would you wear human hair jewelry? • Let the Amy Winehouse downward spiral begin. • The 13 best makeup tools. • Tiger's divorce is gonna be pretty pricey. • Brody Jenner is single!!
• Carrie Underwood is getting hitched. • Does Gwen Stefani ever not look cute? • 7 ways to make small talk super awk. • What's up with Kanye and Rihanna? • >Get the perfect waves for those upcoming holiday parties. • Someone trusts Tila Tequila to carry their baby!?