This week, as we round out 2009, I've picked out our favorite media-buzz worthy events of the year. Keep in mind that this list will include a lot more cheating and Ed Hardy than Healthcare reform and economic crashes. (Sorry Madoff, I'm just not that into you).
• Amy Winehouse needs to stop beating people up. • The most under-reported stories of 2009. • Does the "nice guy" even exist? • Well, these posters are a bit insensitive now... • Is it worth it to travel in your 20s? • Balloon boy's parents are sentenced.
It’s Halloween crunch time. One morning you roll out of bed and realize your roommates have already perfected their Village People getup, your best friend and her boyfriend are pop culture referencing the shiz out of Taylor and Kanye, and your pseudo-fratty neighbors have their imitation silk Wal-Mart robes ready to make Hugh Hefner proud.
• The world will miss this comic legend. • Nicole Richie has the cutest family ever. • We all have Halloween regrets. • Is Rev Run coming to Broadway? • Does Kristen Stewart deserve an Oscar? • Easily the best Halloween costume of the year.
I’ve sold a few items on eBay, and it’s truly wild what people will buy these days (although no one wanted my used retainer... strange). Recently, a clump of Elvis’s hair sold for $18,000 at an auction in Chicago. I don’t know how I feel about this. Someone just legitimately purchased old hair follicles and dandruff for the price of a small car. This got me thinking:
• Balloon boy's parents are effed. • Take that 2008 wardrobe and make it 2009. • Octomom's got her eyes on Jon Gosselin?! • Looking for something fun and healthy? Try these activities. • Project Runway fails on Lifetime. • Check out Lady Gaga's latest.
• Looks like Balloon-boy's family wants to be famous. • Madonna's making enemies. • Did Nicole Richie tie the knot?? • Let's talk about credit card debt. • Spotted: Posh Spice on Gossip Girl! • This must be the son of Superman.
When will it stop raining? Who is balloon boy and why should I care about him? And I’m not the only one asking questions. Take a look at some of the burning queries that have been occupying CC writers for the past week:
• This is the strangest story I've heard all week. • Meghan McCain's got a nice rack. • Usher's ex wife is out to get him. • Bad romantic comedies teach bad dating habits. • What are Lady Gaga and Beyonce planning? • You go, Taylor Swift!