Cutting out the negative thoughts in your life can help you out immensely. Especially if those negative thoughts are about an ex!
Though there’s no one right path to overcoming the first pangs of heartbreak and its inevitable aftershock, but I can tell you what I’ve done in the past to get past heartbreak and its annoying friend, pain.
It seems as though most single girls are reluctant to move on from an ex until they have another guy on the horizon thus never really allowing them to heal and find closure. Take advantage of your time between relationships to sift through any leftover emotions. While procrastinating may work for your Economics midterm, it’s not such a good idea in the dating world.
Dear Tuffy Luv, Ten months ago I met the best guy I have ever been with. We have/had the best story ever. We met at the airport on the way home from separate study abroad trips, same flight home, we started talking at the gate. After a first “date” and a visit from him, he asked me out.
• And by ‘big news’ we mean ‘a hot, hot man.’
• Quick and easy ways to get over that break up.
• Get sexy feet by NYE!
• People who get paid to touch your junk – an (interesting) infographic.
• 5 hawt bandage dresses for under $50!
• Watch kids get puppies for Christmas. Then melt.
This week was a biggie and boy am I glad I finally roused myself from my food coma to experience it. We returned from a glorious, relaxing holiday break (only to come face to face with the worst week of school EVER); we celebrated World Aids Day and Britney Spears’ birthday.
• Looks like J-Lo is too demanding for American Idol.
• What are crazy fans willing to pay?
• Lilo may be hitting the streets earlier than we thought.
• What do you consider when deciding to shop at a store?
• This child is too cute for words/the next Usher.
• How do you get over long-term heartbreak?
You know how they say death and taxes are the only two certainties in life? Well I think there’s a third and it’s the break-up. Everyone deals with one at some point and, in a nutshell, it blows chunks. It ain’t easy and sometimes, when you’re curled up in the fetal position with a puddle of melted ice cream next to your face, it feels as if the pain is never gonna go away.