One of the most versatile items you can have in your wardrobe is a blazer. When you’re operating with limited closet space or a limited budget, you want to make sure you have items (especially outerwear) that go with pretty much anything, and a cropped blazer is one of the go-to pieces you should own.
Step outside and you’ll discover the air is a little crisper, leaves are starting to darken into rustic colors, and the smell of autumn wafts through campus. It’s officially fall. You know what that means: now’s the time to start updating your wardrobe.
Every year when I start school I get so excited to show off my summer wardrobe (that no one got to see for three months) for a few weeks. But then the leaves start to change, the Halloween stores pop up, and my cute summer clothes get banished to the back of my closet, where they sit taking up precious space for the rest of the year.
• Snooki’s writing a book, but who is going to read it?
• 8 essential vitamins for us ladies.
• Maaajor cuteness at TJ Maxx/Marshall’s right now!
• When your mom wants to be cool….. (AKA, Dina Lohan Syndrome)
• Shia Labeouf’s got beef with who?!
• 5 steps to being a sexier new you!
Kourtney Kardashian is totally my favorite Kardashian sister (no, I’m not ashamed that I even have a fave). Did you know that she’s the only one who went to college?
And we all know that bracelets, particularly stacked bracelets, are always cute, always cool and can go with any outfit. We also know that oftentimes one bracelet can cost upwards of $100, making that cool, cute look – um – not possible.
Normally when my mother drags me into the petite section of Ann Taylor I end up getting super angry. First of all, because my mother is in the petite section and nothing fits me. Second of all, because I’m in Ann Taylor. Between all of the pearls and khaki, I feel like I fast-forwarded to a life of tea and subscriptions to More and O magazine.
• Um yes, a mother of 8 should dress her age
• The secret to why the Social Media Network trailer was so intense
• D-List celebs! They’re just like us!
• Let’s come up with a better term for when we…you know
• 5 trends that you can keep from last fall
• How to budget shop
In the world of shopping right now, it is a very in between time. It’s still so humid that your hair is poofy and your face is dripping with sweat, so the thought of wearing anything warmer than a cotton camisole is non-existent. But at the same time, you know it’s silly to buy said cotton camisole-esque ensembles (or other summery ‘fits) because before you know it, leather jackets, wool sweaters, knit caps and boots will be your daily staples.
• Make those thrift clothes look couture.
• Robert Pattinson gets bit by a lion?
• Sneak peak of ‘Degrassi’ season 10!
• Justin Bieber is officially a superhero.
• 9 sneaky ways to tell him you like him.
• Did you smudge your mani? Fix it in seconds!
Shopping, like any other sport, requires technique, skill and good eye for talent. Okay, so maybe shopping isn’t exactly an Olympic sport (yet), but being smart about the way you go about it can make you feel like you’ve certainly won some kind of contest (and saved some big bucks!).
• Um….do you wanna see Justin Bieber’s mom naked?
• Get beautiful, sandal-ready feet in 4 easy steps.
• 7 signs your friend is addicted to Ebay.
• And this is why cats suck.
• Have you tried 8 Body products yet? You should.
• How to look fancy without going broke.
In Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic series, Becky explains her obsession with Denny and George scarves. They’re super luxurious, super gorgeous, and every girl aspires to own one — and correspondingly, they’re super expensive. Accessorize, on the other hand, is a generic store that sells various accessories, much cheaper than the brand-name Denny and George.