Ke$ha, the 21st century's answer to a movie theater's sticky floor (I kid, I kid.), had some interesting things to say about feminism and getting sloshed. She said, "If men can talk about drinking in every awesome rock 'n' roll song and every awesome rap song, why can't a woman? Just because I drink doesn't mean I'm a drunk. Just because I have sex, and I'm not embarrassed doesn't mean I'm a whore. If men can do it, why can't a woman do it? I really feel one of my main reasons for being on this earth is to level out the playing field just a little bit."
This Thursday at Midnight for a measly $1.99 you can learn how to "smize," thanks to Evil Mastermind Tyra Banks!
In gross people news, Chris Brown has signed on to Wilhemina Modeling Agency. Women's Wear Daily reports,"Wilhelmina will work with Brown in its artist management division, which takes music and movie industry celebs and lands them endorsement deals, collaborations and product lines in the fashion and beauty world." Great, we need a Chris Brown nail polish, perfume and makeup line.
If you're one of those people who says, "Ugh, I want to hate Chris Brown, and I mostly do, but his music is just soooo gooood," then here's something for you.
While her on again/off again boyfriend, Chris Brown, was parading around Hollywood dressed as a terrorist, Rihanna wasn't really dressed as anything by the time morning rolled around.
I don't know why I continue to find anything Chris Brown does anymore shocking. After his bar fight with Drake, getting that tattoo of the battered woman and his own/off again relationship with Rihanna, he's just one controversy after another.
It was especially hard for me to read an interview today in which Kristin Cavallari revels that the show wasn't always the most accurate in its portrayal of the stars' lives.
The white students painted themselves black (for historic accuracy), dressed in what they believed to be urban attire (for cultural relevance) and proceeded to beat one another with what appears to be an umbrella (-ella, -ella, ay).
Anger management has appeared to backfire, and I think it's about time Chris Brown retires.
Jessica Simpson seems pretty nice to me, or at least no weirder than any other celebrities. But every time I hear her name mentioned, somebody's making fun of her. It doesn't seem very fair that people who have actually done bad things (coughcoughCHRIS BROWNcough) are so popular, while Jessica is the butt of so many jokes. What did she ever do to you?
• Does Tim Riggins look sexier with long hair? OF COURSE. • Did Zac Efron drop a condom while walking The Lorax red carpet? Hey, safe sex is great sex! • Just how accurate was The Help? Find out here! • If you gave up cheese for Lent, we feel very very sorry for you.
Rumor has it that Chris Brown is the 'shocking' guest to appear on Rihanna's 'Birthday Cake' track. Is this for real?
After the Grammys this Sunday, twitter was overflowing with tweets about Chris Brown getting an award for the Best R&B Album of the Year. While I expected tweets in disagreement with this award, the reality is quite disturbing. Tweets such as, “I’d let Chris Brown beat me up anytime” and “I don’t know why Rihanna complained. Chris brown could beat me anytime he wanted to” were going viral across the US and UK.
Instead of freezing over the holidays, it looks like most celebs opted for tropical vacations. Luckily for us, every single one of them decided to take a ride on a jet ski. From those who looked like they were born to ride the waves, to some others who seemed more than awkward in their puffy life jackets, this is one of those galleries you never knew you wanted to see...but you totally do.
• Being lazy is good for you. • This 8-year-old is more hardcore than you. • Meryl Streep: Schmoozing for reviews? • American Idol wannabe has many arrests in her past. • 9 actresses who have played vampires. • How to make your boyfriend's friends hate you
Awards season is here! The Golden Globes are tonight and the Grammys are less than a month away. Needless to say, we're totally excited over here. The Grammys are a more casual awards show featuring fierce outfits and stellar performances.
Friday=pay day for most people. We're gettin' paper! Friday is also the day to go out and have an awesome time at a club/bar/wherever with all of your hard-earned "paper." That's why Chris Brown's Look at Me Now is an awesome Friday song. I'm sure that this song has an amazing video with a lot of Chris Brown dance moves, but I like this video better. Check out this literally interpreted video made in MS Paint of Look at Me Now.
I don't know what it is about celebrities that makes us forget that they are actual people. Is it the over-the-top lifestyle? Is it the way they live their lives so openly in a way that would mortify most of us?
While most collaborations usually turn out pretty decently and some even become defining songs of a generation (ex. ANYTHING J. Lo or Ashanti did with Ja Rule back in the early 2000's), some music collaborations just leave us all wondering "...why?"
The last month before finals. Woof. For me, this time of year is all about flashcards and all-nighters celebrating with...
• Ladies: guys would rather you not fake it • If one more person defends Chris Brown for beating up a woman..... • How to get Lea Michelle's body • 10 healthy inbetween-meals snacks • My friend insults me in public...what do I do? • Really funny photoshop jobs! • Soooo Rachel Ray is a cannibal
• This is why cradle robbing doesn't work • Sooo the Olsens share a brain. Obvi. • OMG...models eat WHAT!?!? • Apparently college students are trading in their laptops for iPads? • J. Lo's most outrageous outfits • Chris Brown needs to sit down and shut up • Does exercise really boost your metabolism? • Drew Barrymore looks so normal in this photo
• Um...all those people who said Chris Brown was sorry...YOU WERE WRONG • The best (more ridic) Yahoo Answers ever! • So this rock star is claiming to have been abducted by aliens • Saved by the Bell reunion might actually be happening • 7 ways to say "I'm sorry" • How social media is changing casual sex • And this will make you say WTF • Well Lifetime has outdone themselves with stupid movies now 10 reasons to stay on campus for the summer
It doesn't matter if you're the most talented person in your field or just a random person on the street, if you do something wrong, you have to pay for it. Right?
Rihanna’s latest video for her song “S&M” hasn’t even been out for a week, but it’s stirring up a controversy. Due to the sexual nature of the video and its subject, “S&M” has been banned in 11 countries, restricted on YouTube (it’s only available if you log-in with an account that proves you’re over 18), and pulled from play on some radio-stations until after 7pm.
I can't tell you the last time I was actually home on a Saturday night to catch an episode of SNL, but knowing that Chris Brown was going to be on, I just had to see it. Yeah, SNL was very strategic in booking Mr. Controversy, hoping people would tune in to see how it would all go down, and they succeeded. I mean, they at least got one new viewer this week.
Chris Brown went from cute teen pop star to even cuter boyfriend of Barbadian goddess Rihanna, and ended up becoming the bad-boy of R&B. Or, more accurately, the guy who makes the music that we all feel guilty listening to because of the infamous incident.
Rihanna's latest video for her song "S&M" hasn't even been out for a week, but it's stirring up a controversy. Due to the sexual nature of the video and its subject, "S&M" has been banned in 11 countries, restricted on YouTube (it's only available if you log-in with an account that proves you're over 18), and pulled from play on some radio-stations until after 7pm.
How many times a week a day do you Google yourself? An embarrassing amount, right? Almost as embarrassing as the amount of time I spend diagnosing myself with fatal diseases on WebMD. But when we're not googling our own name and Facebook stalking our frenemies, we're googling (and ogling) guys. Like, a lot.
So here we are; a brand new year. What's more appropriate than to get it started on the right note with some fresh new music?
Besides Lindsay Lohan being Lindsay Lohan and a few other tidbits of news, celebrity gossip was pretty slow this week....
Somebody didn't get to eat their Cracker Jacks for breakfast this year and has a raging and swollen case of the 'crabby pants.' That somebody is Mel Gibson. But crabby pants might be an understatement. The man is absolutely reserving the Presidential Suite at the Loopy Inn.
• Why so emotional, Chris Brown? • You can't do that at the World Cup. • 7 ways to boost your energy mid-day. • Mel Gibson is one classy guy. • Watch: the Facebook movie trailer. • 53 sexy swimsuits that will slim you down.
As of right now, I have been in the library for a duration of eleven hours. Working on one paper. I left for an hour to steal a free hot dog from a baseball game on campus. This is my life. And it's probably yours if you are stuck in the tornado of finals week, sucking the fun out of our lives.