Christmas is fast approaching. (Five days, but hey, who's counting?) While I’m sure you’ve already picked out the perfect gift for everyone on your list, I bet you haven’t given much thought to what you’re getting this holiday season. Well…I have.
Finally, finals are over! But after too much studying and not enough fun de-stress sessions (breakfast, yoga, sex, the usual), it feels like there’s still too much tension in the air.
While we're all busy staying up until ridiculous hours of the night studying for finals and attempting to get some holiday shopping done at the same time, Hollywood has been... breaking up some of it's cutest couples? At least it's reassuring to know that while we're stressing, celebs are always there to keep us entertained.
The list of Golden Globe Nominees was announced today, and though there were no major surprises, I love pretty much anyone who’s got a shot at winning an award. And that, friends, is an exciting prospect for my 2011 TV schedule. So while I was making a mental food-shopping list for award night (Tostitos, Diet Coke, twizzlers…hey, January 16th is that far off!), my mind really got to thinking...
I love the holidays and all, but there is one thing about this time of year that really, really sucks - most of our favorite TV shows are going on hiatus. I mean, how am I supposed to get by without my weekly Finn Hudson fix without new Glee episodes? Luckily, the glee gang gives us something to hold on to in their absence: tons of amazing music.
Let’s be honest. There were times when you weren’t sure you’d make it. You were optimistic back in August, but less so as the months wore on. You started your countdown on Halloween, and were ready to tear your own hair out over Thanksgiving break. By the time finals week had rolled around you had already checked out. But somehow, somehow you’ve managed to make it through.
You didn't leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That's okay. No stress. You'll get it all done. We're so sure that you'll get it all done that we're giving you a few more excuses to procrastinate.
Dear Glee creators: A word of advice? QUIT WHILE YOU’RE AHEAD. Had you scrapped this week’s super lame installment, your show would have consumed my thoughts until its triumphant return to television after the Superbowl.
Mark Salling reminds us just how beautiful a bad Jewish boy can be. Move over Rabbi Goldberg, because this faux-hawk styling stud makes us want to skip our traditional latkes dinner and head straight for dessert.
• Love lessons from '90s romcoms • 7 tricks for applying eyeliner • A disturbing reason that you're avoiding dad • Is 14 too young to have sex? • How to reject someone nicely • You WISH this was your history high school teacher • Get ready to say bye to the cast of Glee
Well, kids, it’s finally here: Sectionals. Yes, sectionals – as in, the thing Mr. Schue has been yammering on about since day one. I always thought that nothing could ever top last year’s big sectional jaw-dropper (What’s that you say? Quinn’s pregnancy CAN’T be chalked up to Immaculate Conception and/or hot tub sperm mobility? NO!)
We’ve watched the parade. We’ve carved the turkey. We stuffed ourselves with stuffing and cranberry sauce and ate pumpkin pie until we wanted to puke. And then, when the feeling passed, we ate more. The holiday season is upon us. So I better just get in the spirit.
Is it just me or is Kurt Hummel the new Rachel Barry? I can’t say I’m too happy about this. I know I’m the minority here, but I personally find Kurt SO ANNOYING.
It's official: Ryan Murphy is obsessed with bringing high profile guest stars onto his show. And I can’t say I’m too happy about this as it cuts into Lea Michele’s (aka Rachel Barry) screen-time. You see, I happen to love Rachel Barry a little more than her boyfriend Finn does and a little less than she loves herself.
The best thing about Glee is that despite the spontaneous song-and-dance routines, is that it feels authentic. Ryan Murphy stays committed to this ideal: despite the fact that the characters are all attractive (albeit in a way that is relatable) they struggle with the same things as actual teenagers do: financial woes. Unrequited love. Body issues.
• This is just FAILtastic • Puck (Mark Saling) is releasing an album...we couldn't be more excited • How to have sex with a vampire • Cameron Diaz is dating our fave Glee teacher?! • What $500,000 buys around the world • Win one hundred dollars from hautelook • Why must all celeb moms get in on the spotlight?
GQ magazine is known for racy spreads featuring Hollywood’s hottest – so why was it such a huge deal when Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, and Cory Monteith (of Glee fame) joined the ranks of celebs who have graced the cover?
• Not sure how we feel about Glee going sexy • Which Real Housewife makes less money than everyone else? • Breathtaking photography • Why so serious? Let's have a dance party! • The worst Halloween costumes • This is what Lady Gaga wears to the beach • Easy ways to make money online
Leave it to our favorite celebrities to keep giving us more. It seems everything happens at the same time after a dull week and frankly we were overwhelmed just going through it all. This week we've had some break ups, an engagement, and a possible escape. We can always rely on Hollywood to give us something to talk about. What else is new?
• And maybe says a little too much.... • Get out of the gym and get in shape the FUN WAY. • Check out JWoww in her natural habitat. • 7 chic blazers for under $70! • Not everyone wants to be on Glee... • Rushing into a relationship? Don't.
This week, as I caught up on my favorite fall shows (and watched some Sex and the City reruns) I couldn’t help but notice a running trend: female friendships. Sure some shows were about shopping (or singing while shopping) and some were about saving lives, but at the heart of it all, were some pretty cool chicks.
Last week was kind of dull, and this week isn’t much better I’m sorry to say. Personally, I was okay with another quiet week since...
• Is Glee bigger than The Beatles? Apparently. • Lady Gaga's got some bizarro backstage demands. • Mark Zuckerberg gets the Simpsons treatment. • 8 ways to take charge and get what you want! • Signs you might just not be that into him. • Presenting: Snuggie 2.0.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of talking about Lindsay, Britney, Speidi, Mel, and the rest of those knuckleheads. This week involved a lot of court dates and things with those crazies, but I wanted to focus on the rest of Hollywood instead. Because, contrary to popular belief, there are other things going on, both exciting and sad.
• Photoshopping gone too far • D.I.Y: ribbon necklace • Beyonce surprises everyone by dancing at a block party (video) • Is there a magic age for getting married • Obama gets rockstar treatment • 15 healthy foods that should be in your kitche