If you didn’t watch the Emmys last night, well I don’t blame you. With the exception of The Lonely Island plus Michael Bolton and company, there wasn’t much happening. Sure there were some decent jokes, but where was the pizazz and energy? I spent more time laughing at Michael Vick for getting taken down by the Falcons than I did at Jane Lynch’s punchlines. We agreed that if we ran the Emmys, things would have been a lot more exciting.
It’s January, so you know what that means in Hollywood – it’s awards season! Kicking off the big ones is the Golden Globes, airing THIS Sunday, Jan. 16, and I for one cannot WAIT!
The list of Golden Globe Nominees was announced today, and though there were no major surprises, I love pretty much anyone who’s got a shot at winning an award. And that, friends, is an exciting prospect for my 2011 TV schedule. So while I was making a mental food-shopping list for award night (Tostitos, Diet Coke, twizzlers…hey, January 16th is that far off!), my mind really got to thinking…
• Kardashian drama is neverending
• 8 common relationship problems
• Just a few more reasons to love Jane Lynch
• How to cook pita pizzas
• Your dorm room craves these decorations
• 15 photos that make absolutely no sense
• Grover spoofs the Old Spice guy
Getting a man is tough stuff. Getting a man to marry you…now that’s nearly impossible. Luckily the stars can once again be our guides and help sad women everywhere navigate the rocky path to monogamy. Get out a paper and pencil; you’ll want to remember all the golden advice recent celebrity brides are doling out.
A lot of stuff happened this week, and thankfully, none of it involved cheating! I know, I couldn’t believe it either! But there are lots of babies on the way, so hold tight. I guess Hollywood’s finest has to procreate in order to keep this dangerous cycle of hot mess going.
• That might be a possibility under the new health care reform…
• The lines that won’t get you laid.
• A big “mazel!” to Jane Lynch!
• 32 summer work outfits that are actually cute.
• Is being cheap a dating deal breaker?
• There might be a bun in Khloe Kardashian’s oven.
• Looks like dancing isn’t in Kate Gosselin’s future.
• Nothing says ‘love’ like matching outfits.
• How does George Lopez really feel about Conan?
• More heartbreaking Sandra Bullock updates.
• 3 essential summertime bottoms and how to wear them.
• Check out what’s next for Sue Sylvester on Glee!
Last fall, I raced back to my dorm every Wednesday night to join in the “Glee” weekly viewing party in my friend’s room. Although we would regularly hang out and watch television, and at least sit and later discuss our other favorite shows, we would all drop whatever we were doing (even if it was a 12-page paper due the next day) and set aside special time to get together to watch the sensation that is “Glee.”